Monday, February 2, 2009

#3

That's right, I got my third character to level 70 this weekend, and got to do some pretty cool quests in the process.

First I set out to help Oronok, gathering tubers and destroying slayer eggs, but then he asked me to find his sons and help them out. Those quests got very interesting, with different mechanics that we don't get to see very often in our questing.

The first was fairly straightforward. Kill nagas, find a key, and open a chest with it to get the item. Only thing is, the item doesn't have to be in the chest, it could just be a bunch of random items, so you have to keep doing this until you find the right chest. This one went pretty quickly and I got it on the second chest.

Next up sends you to the southwest camp of demons. This son is dead, but his spirit wants you to do something for him. You have to first free his soul, then find his bow so he can help you on the next step. Once he has his bow, he basically becomes a pet, except he has a mind of his own. This made things go pretty quickly, and we downed the required mob and completed the quest.

The last son had me ambush a courier and then disguise myself as a blood elf to deliver a note to the commander at Eclipsion Point. I actually liked the ambush part the best. You set a package in the road across the bridge and then hide until the courier is distracted by it, then you rush in and take him out. The rest was similar to any of the disguise quests, except all the dragonhawks can see through it so you have to stay out of range. Still very fun.

After finishing up those quests and a few more I hit level 70, immediately dropped everything else, and made my way back to Shatt, where I ported to Stormwind and learned all my new skills.

I'll be setting my hunter aside for a bit in order to level my mage. I also need to see how far my druid's leatherworking can get with what she provided to him. If it's not enough to get to the Borean Leather recipes I'll have to do some farming. The priest's enchanting I'm not too worried about though. I still have my shaman, and maybe my rogue, that need to get through Outlands, and they should give me plenty of items to disenchant for mats to get her through the levels.

I checked out my mage for a bit this weekend too, enough time to complete a quest and then fly around to wrap up a few loose ends so I can start in on finishing off Ashenvale and then probably move on to Thousand Needles. I'm hoping to get at least a couple levels before his rested XP bonus runs out and I have to switch off. Leveling goes so much faster at these lower levels.

No comments: