Thursday, March 27, 2008

Anime time

Wanted to get a post in on another of what my girlfriend considers my "nerd activities" (WoW is obviously one). That would be anime, and while I may not speak or understand much Japanese, I am still able to watch the current shows that air in Japan by way of fansubs. Here are some shows you should check out, in no particular order (except the top ones are probably ones I like more as they are the ones I think of first):

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach
Rurouni Kenshin
Full Metal Alchemist
Hunter X Hunter
Cowboy Bebop
Berserk
GunGrave
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Hellsing
Record of Lodoss War
Azumanga Daioh
Yakitate! Japan
FLCL
Dragonball Z (don't hate me for this, it's the reason I started watching anime in the first place so I had to include it)

And movies:

Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust
Castle in the Sky
Howl's Moving Castle
Ninja Scroll

So that's to get you started, maybe if you want to get into anime and don't know where to start, or if you haven't seen one of these you should check it out. If you like what you see and want some more suggestions let me know and I can do a follow up post with some other good anime that I only left out because it isn't at the top of my list and it would make this post way too huge.

2 comments:

Spicytuna said...

W00t! One Piece! Of course Naruto and Bleach will make it to the top of any anime fan.

I suggest you give Death Note a try, you will probably like it.

And if you like Death Note, and you don't hate Gundam-esque series, then you should give CodeGeass a try.

Anonymous said...

ya, you can watch anime movies at www.animetime.tv