Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Searches

Since I didn't get to play yesterday and therefore have no updates, I'm going to focus on some of the searches I'm seeing that lead people to this little blog I have here and see if I can answer some of the questions these people may have, so here we go:

"vista computer has stopped recognizing mouse" - Doesn't look like this one is about WoW exactly, but it is about a problem I have had before and I think it was due to one of the Windows updates. If you just used a plug and play mouse that you let Vista install automatically it might not work anymore, so get out the software CD that came with the mouse or download the driver from the website of the company that made the mouse install it, that should solve the problem.

"i hate vista" - Me too, but we're stuck with it now that Microsoft took XP off the market, hopefully future updates and service packs will help.

"is there any difference in gender when choosing a class wow" - Nope, gender has no effect, it's all about equality.

"can you play wow with a touchpad and no mouse" - Sure, I know people that do, but if you're going to be doing anything other than casually soloing you probably shouldn't as it's very slow and clumsy compared to what you can do with a mouse.

"wow train emote" - just type /train and your character will make train sounds and pump his arm like he's blowing the train whistle.

"wow quest helper addon" - It's called just that, Quest Helper, and can be found at curse.com

"wow drop rates" - I get this one a lot, and I have to say I have absolutely no idea what drop rates are like for items. I would suggest going on thottbot, wowhead, allakhazam or any other WoW database site, they usually list drop rates associated with each item, although it's usually based on data collected from other players through addons and such rather than straight from Blizzard, but with how many players provide the data it should be pretty accurate.

Those are the semi-interesting ones I get, and the "i hate vista" search tends to pop up way more than any other, although I'm not sure what they're actually searching for, maybe justification for their hatred. I hope this answers some questions for these people and any other questions can be thrown my way if you want and I will try my best to answer them.

No comments: