Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I thought I had it all figured out

I logged on with the intention of bringing my hunter up to date on all the skills I need for my pets. I already have the current levels of claw and bite, but for my cat I need to learn dash, prowl, and cower, or my wolf I need furious howl, and shell shield for my turtle. I decided I may as well just learn all the abilities they can have, then pick and choose which to teach them later. So I hop on with Petopia open in the background and set out to learn all my skills. Do any of you see the problem with this? I have three pets, which means one I'm using, and two in stable slots, but that also means I can't tame anything else because in order to do so you need to have your current pet stabled, which I can't do because my slots are already full. Well crap, I guess I didn't plan that out very well, so I had to get rid of one of my pets, which kinda sucks, but I can't keep going without learning the pet skills I'll need, so I decided to get rid of my wolf. While I really wanted to try out furious howl, I think the wolf is the least specialized of my pets and is the easiest to get rid of for that reason. The cat is a DPS machine, and the turtle I plan on turning into an awesome tank, so I guess I can wait on my all purpose pet until later.

Well I spent a ridiculous amount of time travelling the world looking for the mobs I needed to tame the learn the skills I wanted. Finally I was able to get everything I listed above up to the skill level I am able to learn at this point, so I headed on over to Feralas to finish up my quests there. I killed some more yetis and skinned them, then went up north and put together a staff in the ruins that was apparently very important, and managed to save a lost night elf girl from those same ruins. Ran back and turned in the quests and I was finished with that place. The thing about Feralas is it's a cool zone in that the scenery is nice, with lots of green, and seems to be sort of a forgotten area by both factions, with not much in terms of settlement. The thing I don't like about Feralas is where the Alliance settlements are located. It's bad enough that Feathermoon is so far from most of the quests you get, but you have to cross all that water to get there. Swimming takes a long time, but waiting for the ship could take even longer, and since the ship decides to go all the way around the island for some reason, it isn't even all that fast. Luckily a lot of the quests sort of follow a progression from one area to another so that you can do a bunch of them without going back and forth for follow ups, so they made up for it, sort of.

After turning everything in I flew over to Tanaris and logged. The annoying thing yesterday was that I kept disconnecting for no good reason, and I'm not sure if it was the recent patch or my computer or what. Sometimes I forget to turn off my downloads and it really makes me lag, but rarely does it cause me to disconnect. I would log on, run around for a minute or two, and notice the mobs were either standing still or not there altogether, then it would disconnect. I would reconnect, and I was able to log on just fine, but then the same thing would happen when I got back on. Really weird stuff, maybe it was just the server, but I didn't really notice anyone else having problems, plus they usually complain in general chat about stuff like that. Maybe they were just playing an April fool's joke on me. I would totally roll a Bard, and that Molten Core game looks awesome. Actually with that whole bard nonsense I hope that's a precursor to some big news about the expansion being released soon. Another hero class maybe? More alts for me! I can only hope. I'd even be happy if they just told us the release date.

No comments: