Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Who's reading this?

I've been watching my web tracker and taking note of what searches turn up my site, and it turns out the search I see the most has nothing to do with WoW. I get at least one hit from the search "progressive wow girl" and at first I wasn't sure what they were looking for. Was there a girl out there that just happened to use the same blog title? Well that's not the case by a long shot. The search is actually people trying to find out about the girl from the Progressive Insurance commercial, the one where she explains something about the insurance and the guy says "wow" and she says "wow! I know, I say it louder." Now I've seen the commercial, but can't remember ever the girl being exceptionally good looking, at least not good looking enough to warrant a google search to find out more about her, but apparently there are some out there that think she is and don't pay attention to the excerpts Google puts up from the sites it finds, because reading what they have from mine makes it obvious that it isn't what they are searching for. Well now that I've posted about this I'll probably be getting more hits like that, oh well, if this is what you're searching for then you came to the wrong site.

As far as my escapades in WoW, I managed to make it to level 50 last night on my hunter. Too bad ever since I bought my mount I haven't had enough money to buy all my new skills each level, so I've been having to pick and choose the ones I think are the most important. I could do some money transferring from my other characters, but I like them to be independent as much as possible, plus I know I'll earn enough money eventually. This saw me leaving the Hinterlands and I will be finishing up Feralas next. While I was able to tame the pets I wanted, I am going to have to go through some work to get them up to speed, since neither of them start out with many skills, and the important ones I want them to have I need to learn from other mobs first. Maybe next time I'm on I'll travel around expanding my beast training knowledge so I can make these pets viable to run with. Who knew hunters had to go through all this trouble?

As I get close to catching up with my rested XP I come once again upon the dilemma of which character to play next. At this point I'm thinking of picking up my undead mage and putting in some horde time. I decided to go frost on this guy, at least for leveling, as I find it's easier for me to keep mobs at a distance and maybe take a little longer killing them rather than try to blast them before they can get to me. I would also like to have a little better chance of surviving any attempted ganks that come my way. You may ask, why pick undead for your mage? Well the answer is pretty simple, and while the racial abilities are good, the main reason I picked undead is from the experiences I had with undead mages as an alliance character. Seemed like every time I came up against one of these guys it was no contest, they took me out in a couple shots and I would barely have time to move. The first time I ever went to WPL on my rogue, before the expansion, I was trying to do the cauldron quests and there were two level 60 undead mages wreaking havoc on that zone. They seemed to just travel from one farm to the other and kill any alliance they found, and while we would send for help from other 60s, no one could really stop them. It was then that I decided if I was going to make a mage it would undead and I would have a blast in PVP with him. Right now he's only level 21 though, so I need to do some leveling before blasting n00bs to oblivion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I was one of those Progressive insurance commecial googlers that you seem to love so much. I actually googled the phrases: "Wow I know" and "I say it louder" and still got your blog (especially now that you've been so kind to include it above).

About the chick: multiple online sources say her name is Stephanie Courtney. Some think she's hot. I just was bothered because she looked so familiar.