Monday, April 28, 2008

Redemption

I guess Blizzard saw my last post, because when I went back this weekend to get the last three mana gems I needed I only had to kill five mobs to get them. I continued on toward Hillsbrad, stopping off in a tunnel to kill some wolfmen on the way, but that didn't take too long and I headed out again along the path. On the way I talked to a guard at the tower just past the border and promised to take his message to Tarren Mill. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful and I made it to town without any trouble. From this point on most of the quests I will be doing I have never done before, so I'm pretty excited.

After updating the citizens of Tarren Mill on everything going on in the rest of the world, they told me about some quests they wanted me to do for them, and since they were offering some pretty good rewards I agreed to help them out. First up was dealing with the Syndicate in Durnholde Keep. They had captured two orcs and were holding them captive so it was up to me to save them, and then kill a bunch more of them for good measure to let them know they should never do that again. I was also asked to collect some items off the bears and spiders wandering around in the hills, so I made a point to gather those too as they were on the way. I made it to Durnholde and killed everything in my path, making my way up the hill to save the first captive, then back down and to the sunken area to save the second. Each captive had a ball and chain around his leg, but luckily the jailers that had the keys were close by and while they put up a little bit of a fight, I showed them a few fireballs and picked up the keys from their charred remains.

After leaving Durnholde I made my way back to Tarren Mill to tell them the good news, and on my way I killed more bears, many more actually because for some reason not very many of them had tongues, which leads me to conclude there is some inbreeding going on. After finding enough normal bears to kill I ran back into town, not knowing there was an high level Alliance rogue on the loose wreaking havoc on the townsfolk. I managed to get stabbed in the back a few times until he was chased off, only to be replaced by another high level Alliance bastard, this time a priest. He was mean and threw a Shadow Word: Pain on me and just watched me die to it. He was eventually chased off too and I was finally able to meet back up with the quest givers and turn those in for some sweet rewards. Now they're asking me to go kill some farmers, which sounds like fun, but I'll be saving that for next time. Dealing with the Syndicate was enough for one day, I'll get my revenge on the Alliance when I am rested up again.

Overall a pretty productive weekend for how little play time I have been getting recently, and after tonight those Alliance farmers should be burnt to a crisp as well.

No comments: