Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm ashamed, but not really

I was one of those PVP douchebags that I always complain about, and while I feel bad for the guy I massacred, I can't say it wasn't fun. I like to think that this was probably some horde guy who was playing an alt but does that same thing to others on his main, makes me feel better about it. Lets get to the story, shall we?

I was learning my pet skills the other day, and while I know I don't need to, I went around the world learning all the lower ranks of the skills as well. I don't know, for some reason I like to fully complete everything so while I could have just gotten the highest ranks of each skill, I had to backtrack and get the lower ranks. One of the mobs I had to tame and learn a skill from was in southern Darkshore, right near the border to Ashenvale, so I tamed that moonstalker, I believe I learned cower from him, then proceeded to Astranaar since I needed to fly to Feralas next to finish up my quests there. Well imagine my surprise when I got to the flight path and I had apparently never been to Stonetalon or Desolace with my hunter, therefore missing the flight paths. Not only that, but apparently if you don't have those flight paths you can't fly directly to Feralas, it makes you go through Darkshore first.

Well I made a decision, and that was to get those flight paths, and now that I have a mount it shouldn't take too long, right? Well I went through the cave to get to Stonetalon and was making my way up to the peak when I see a little horde priest killing deer just south of the peak. I think he was around level 26, and here I come, a level 50 hunter on my way to get a flight path I should have gotten a long time ago. Well, I ran past him, not really sure if I wanted to take him out yet, but once I got around the bend I decided, why the hell not? Besides, he's killing all the wildlife, and I'm a night elf, I can't allow that. But seriously, I've been ganked so many times, I gotta get some payback somehow. So I turned around, snuck up on him behind a hill, set my cat on stealth and sent her in. The little hordie had no idea what hit him, and I barely got two shots in before he was dead, pretty much maimed by my cat. I guess I was a little bit of a dick about it, running past him, probably making him think I was one of those nice guys that won't pick on you, but when you play on a PVP server, sometimes you just have to take some cheap shots to make up for all the ones that were taken against you.

I made it to the flight path, then ran to Desolace to get that one and flew the rest of the way to Feralas. Now that I've seen the other side of PVP ganking I guess I can't hold it against those hordies that have done the same thing to me so many times before. This is not to say I will be on of those guys who gets to level 70 only to hang out in STV all day killing all the n00bs, but if I run by a member of the opposing faction and see an opportunity to take him out, I probably won't just leave them be anymore. Sorry guys, it's just revenge, nothing personal.

1 comment:

ambersbridal said...

A great presentation. Very open and enlightening.You have attractively presented your concept in this webpage blog post.Who wrote the sonnet of seaside romance? Guess Shakespeare would feel wordless at the sight of marine motif wedding dresses 2012. Amber’s beach cheap wedding dresses plus size unfold pictures of sea-inspired details like pearl beading, shelly appliqué and metallic embroidery. A profusion of drapes, bubbles, pleating and ruffling echoes to the very physique of the beach and the sea.