Friday, January 16, 2009

Better, stronger, faster

Well for me I guess it's just the faster part. When I logged in last night and saw myself sitting in Shatt, I decided I really didn't want to make the run to Nagrand on my old +60% speed mount.

I took a look at my gold and saw that I had almost 500g. I can never remember the prices for that kind of stuff, but I figured I was pretty close, and I could transfer some from my druid if I needed more.

So I took the portal over the Darnassus and bought the riding skill, but didn't have quite enough for the mount, so I was going to have to "borrow" a little. Hopped on the druid, sent it over, and went and got my new Swift Stormsaber.

How did I narrow the choice down on which one to get? Well my druid and priest have the other two, so naturally I have to take the one I don't have yet. I also trained a few new skills while I was there, then hearthed back to Shatt so I could make the run.

As I traveled I grabbed all the quests on the way, although I didn't have time to do any of them, but I always think it's better to have the quest and do it later than wait to pick it up, just in case you end up in the area for another reason and can kill two birds with one stone.

So I'm now running around Outlands faster than before and it feels so much better. Seeing myself getting passed up by all those death knights with their free epic ground mounts that they get just for finishing a quest was getting old, but now I can keep up (or run away).

No comments: