Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Interesting turn of events

I have recently become reacquainted with a friend that I haven't talked to much in the last couple years. I knew he played WoW, but I had never really brought up the subject with him because for the most part I try to avoid discussing videogames too much with people.

Well last night we got to talking, and he mentioned that I should start playing again, I guess because he thought I had quit for some reason. I told him I still played, just not as much as I used to because I'm usually busy with other stuff. Then he suggested we should play together.

I asked what realm he was on, and of course it's not that same as mine. He also said he was in a guild with a bunch of people I knew way back in high school. I wasn't great friends with them by any means, but just the fact that I know who they are outside of the game makes it an interesting prospect.

The only problem at this point is that I like my characters to be on the same realm. It's very convenient to be able to supply yourself with what you need, and right now I have a pretty good synergy with my characters collecting materials for each other to advance their professions.

Add that to the fact that it costs money to make the transfer and it's going to be a little harder to decide what to do. If I were to do the transfer it would probably only be one of my characters because I really couldn't justify paying for more than that, so it would split up the team.

I also don't know who I would even want to transfer. My friend said he's not too into raiding, but he likes Arenas, and I'm not sure who would be the best character for that. Right now it's between the druid, priest, and hunter. Not only that, but I'd probably have to change specs on whoever I choose because they're not really set up for PvP right now.

I do miss the social aspect of the game that was there when I first started playing. It was fun when your friends logged on and you could do some quests together, or just talk while you played.

I guess at this point my only obstacle is how much I'm willing to pay. I really have nothing holding me to my current server except that I can't just up and move to another one for free. All my friends there have quit playing, I'm unguilded, but I have 5 characters at fairly high levels and I'm not sure I want to split them up.

It's quite the dilemma.

1 comment:

Chris Z said...

my suggestion is the same as i did, whan i wanted toon on another server.
I just mad one there, and with friends there its easier to lvl with there help.
or they could make one on your realm.
its not the best solution since you have to level from 1 again but it is certailny fun!!!

Drew Z The"Warcraft Guy"
WOWadvice@gmail.com
http://warcraftguy.blogspot.com