Monday, January 5, 2009

Back from the holidays, and resolutions

It's been a while since my last post. I've been pretty busy with other stuff, such as taking some time off work and all that other holiday stuff.

Well, in all that time I haven't played WoW at all. I'm not really sure why, but I haven't been too motivated to continue on recently. I got a Playstation emulator and have been playing through Final Fantasy IV instead, and have the other rest of the series lined up to played once I'm done with that.

I also got a Blu-ray player for Christmas from the gf (which was an unexpected but awesome gift) and have switched my Netflix account over to send me blu-ray discs and sent back the DVDs I had so I can get the blu-ray versions instead, so I'm pretty excited about it. Actually, I'm not sure if it was just my imagination, but my old DVDs even look better through the new player. I think I'll be watching a lot more movies now.

This sort of goes along with my resolutions for the new year, so here they are:

1. Get back in shape - Ever since I finished college and got a full time job I have had less time to work out, and less motivation. I managed to gain about 20 pounds in the past year and a half, and it's time to get rid of it. So far I am back below 200, but not back to what I was, so I still have some work to do.

2. Cut back on WoW - This helps me out with resolution #1 as well, because that hour a day less of playing WoW is the hour I need to work out. I will also be looking to other ways to spend my time. Lately almost all my free time has been spent on WoW, and I feel I need to expand my horizons, not just in other games, but other things in general.

And I have a few more resolutions, but they are sort of private so I won't be discussing them here. For the most part I probably won't be posting every weekday anymore. With less WoW playing in the future I really won't have enough to talk about anyway, but I'm not quitting yet, I just needed a little time off recently.

I'm fairly certain my next move will be to continue on with my hunter. She's almost done with Hellfire Peninsula and I'll be glad when she is. That's probably one of my least favorite zones, especially now with all the death knights running around, but they're slowly filtering through and it should be back to its old barren wasteland self pretty soon.

Time to get back into work mode after my time off, which is turning out to be pretty tough. Hopefully you didn't miss me too much.

No comments: