Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scarce quest rewards

As I make my way through Outland on my hunter, I'm noticing a lack of good gear coming as quest rewards. For the most part you get some choices as to which piece of gear you want when you turn a quest in, but more and more I'm finding that the gear that's offered usually isn't for hunters.

I see lots of mail with intellect and spell power, which are better for caster shamans, or the stamina will be high, but the agility or attack power will be fairly low, which I would assume an enhance shammy would want.

See, as a hunter, with my pet doing all the grunt work, I don't see much need to have a lot of health. When I do start getting beat on, I can just feign death anyway and send the mob back to my pet.

For the same reason, I haven't really been bothering with getting a lot of armor either. For the most part I will tend to look at the leather option when it comes to quest rewards. These tend to have more the stats I want for hunter gear, just with less armor, which is fine because I don't care so much about that.

I guess I just find it unfortunate that there is a noticeable lack of gear specifically for hunters until you start raiding and picking up the high end stuff. With the number of quests out there you will eventually get what you want, but it really seems like the hunter gear comes much less often than the others.

Maybe it's just because they changed the stats that are important to hunters in WotLK, and all that BC gear is outdated. I'm basically looking to boost AP and agility over all else, with maybe some +crit if it comes along, with AP being slightly higher in importance than the others. Stamina seems to be on everything in generous amounts already, so I don't really need to worry about that, and with Aspect of the Viper I can lay off trying to find anything with +int, or any other stats for that matter.

I didn't really pay much attention to the other gear while running my druid through Northrend, but I'm hoping there will be a little more variety, and I can get more than one or two upgrades per zone.

Other than that, I'm most of the way done with Zangarmarsh, and should hopefully be done in the next session, then it's time to move on to Nagrand, where I will hopefully be able to get enough leather just from questing to supply my druid through to 375 LW.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really that much gear for Shaman either. Don't even get me started on quests where I get a choice between a 2H sword, a 1H sword, a wand and a ranged weapon. I typically vendor 90% of the quest rewards.

Gold Guide for World of Warcraft said...

good post :)