Monday, January 12, 2009

A slight return

Despite all the football playoff games going on this weekend, I did manage to get some playing time in on my hunter. Actually, since I really only cared about one of the games, I watched that one and played during the others while just half paid attention to them. It worked out well, and I was able to get my hunter to level 75 fairly easily.

At this point I think I have Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh down pretty well, at least on the Alliance side. Within a few hours of playing I finished up Hellfire and am now probably around 75% of the way done with Zangarmarsh. I should be about halfway to 76 before moving on.

Next up will be Nagrand. I figure being in the 75-76 range I can just skip Terokkar, since I've been through that zone twice already, and I have other characters coming through that will have plenty of time to get acquainted with that zone.

I'm also getting a little tired of Hellfire Peninsula. The big downside to this is I have my shaman sitting there waiting to be played, but I'll probably hold off on her for a while until I can psych myself up enough to run her through. I also have my new death knight that will be going through when I play him again, and he might take precedence over the shaman just because I've been wanting to try him out.

In the meantime, once my hunter runs out of her rested XP bonus, I'm debating whether to go back to my druid to continue on through Northrend or switching back to one of my lower level hordies to get them a little further through the old content.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Horde characters. Not only would questing through some of the older content be refreshing for me, but those guys also don't take long to run out their XP bonuses, so I figure I'd be back to my druid fairly quickly anyway, but with a newly refreshed mindset.

One good thing about my Horde characters is 3 of the 5 get their own class mounts, one of the others already has their level 30 mount, which only leaves one more to buy their first, and then those two to buy their epics at 60. I've had such a hard time with my other characters getting their mounts on the Alliance server, but I don't think I'm going to have to worry about it this time through.

Luckily I really don't get into the content that requires flying much, so for now I'm not too worried about getting any flying mounts, but it has still been a struggle. All my characters that have been through Outland haven't even gotten their epic ground mounts until around level 74-75 because of lack of funds. My hunter still doesn't have her's, and my shaman will most likely end up in the same boat.

I have a lot of stuff I want to try with all the different classes, and I have a long way to go before I have them at a level where I can, but I'm slowly working my way to it. At least for now it's nice just to think about getting there and working my way towards that goal.

No comments: