Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hard to focus

Everyone is concentrating on the new expansion, even though we still have a few months to go. Beta testers are talking about the new content, those of us unlucky enough to not get a beta key are speculating about new content. It's getting out of hand.

I guess that's what happens when an expansion is announced more than a year before its release. At least with new games we don't know what we're missing yet, but with an expansion we already know the gameplay, so changes to that are very exciting.

I've actually not only made my speculations, with more to come, but I've pretty much based all of my goals around the expansion and when it will be released.

Why did I push my druid to 70? To be able to see Northrend right off the bat. Why am I pushing my shaman and hunter to 60? To take advantage of any accelerated leveling from 60-70 they may implement. That's right, I'm basing some of my goals on my own speculations, which may or may not even happen.

I had decided on creating a death knight as soon as they announced that it would be the new hero class, and I haven't changed my mind. For someone who loves to switch between different classes, there's no way I'm not anxious to play a brand new one, especially one that sounds so cool.

Reading a lot of other blogs I'm seeing the same pattern as well. Everyone is either getting ready for WotLK or is in the beta and pretty much only plays that now.

I was going to start in on my shaman yesterday, but decided that with the limited time I had to play it might be better to get some profession leveling done. I managed to get quite a few levels out of leatherworking on my druid with all the materials I collected on my hunter, and I think by the time she enters Outland she will have collected enough leather for him to get over the 300 mark.

What I'm trying to figure out is the best way to get tailoring to 300. I only have a few levels left, and almost enough cloth, but all the recipes that are orange to me require items that I can't just simply buy at a vendor. The bigger problem is the stuff is either not really expensive on the AH or is just not there. After some research, it doesn't look like farming the stuff is the best answer either as the drop rates are horrible. Is there some dropped recipe I should look for that will help me out with this?

I also took some time to figure out where my shaman's progress is, and I think I have a gameplan for how she will go about getting to level 60. If I get time to play this weekend I will see how this plan works out.

1 comment:

hou said...

I had decided on creating a death knight as soon as they announced that it would be the new hero class.

xiaomi mi5
cheap Meizu Metal
meizu m2