Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Still no patch

It seems more and more like I'm the one of the few bloggers left that doesn't get a beta key. I'm wondering if maybe it's because the email address I use for my blog isn't the same as the one on my WoW account. Maybe they want to send me one but can't figure out my account name. Or maybe they're just mean and want me to suffer.

So in the meantime I'm patiently waiting for the patch, because at least then I get to try out the new skills and changes, even if Northrend and the Death Knight won't be available. We all thought they would put it out before Warhammer, but that didn't happen, and now it's been another week and still nothing. I'm getting anxious.

I'm a little sad that my hunter's cat will be nerfed so badly that there will be no reason to use her. Oh I'll keep her around just because she's been with me since the beginning, but with all the other pet skills overshadowing the fact that all a cat gets is prowl, I'll have to make a change.

Right now it's between the devilsaur and the core hound. I don't need a tanking pet, I need something that can deal damage, and these two seem to be made just for that. I remember first hearing devilsaurs could be tamed, and I knew I needed one. Then they said core hounds could also be tamed, and then came the dilemma, which one should I go with?

From what I've been hearing, devilsaurs sound like they do more damage overall, but how much more? Is it really that significant for someone who won't be raiding anytime soon? Probably not.

That leaves the question of which one looks cooler, because that is of course the only other factor I'm considering. Well, they both look cool, but in my opinion the core hound takes the cake on this one. Plus they get Lava Breath as a special ability, how sweet is that? So it looks like I will be going with a core hound.

Now, there are three different core hounds at this point, a red glowing one like what you see in MC, a green glowing one like Uvuros, and a white one like Omen (who appears in Moonglade during the Lunar Festival I believe).

Being a female character, and wanting to keep up the facade that I am actually a female (which I am not), I think I'll be going with the white one. I think that pretty much everyone else will have the others because they look sweet with their glowing neon colors, but I actually thought Omen would be a cool pet to have the first time I saw him.

Of course Lunar festival isn't going on right now, but there just so happens to be an Omen look-alike called the Kurken on Azuremyst Isle. Of course that means it will be low level, but with the new patch that won't matter as newly tamed pets will be automatically brought up to 5 levels below your character.

I managed to hop on my hunter again last night and finish up Winterspring, which got me halfway through level 57. I'm starting to wonder if she will hit 60 in Silithus, or if I will have to go somewhere else after to get there. With 2 1/2 levels still to go, I'm not sure the few quests in Silithus will be able to do it, but I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

For now I'm happy with where I'm at and edging closer to my goal each time I play. I haven't even started thinking about what my goals will be when WotLK comes out, but I do know they will include a Death Knight.

No comments: