Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Back in business

Sort of anyway. I was able to get some play time in this weekend between snowboarding, Easter, and helping my gf pack, besides many other things. I finished up the rest of STV in one sitting, which was almost half the zone, and it felt good to be able to solo all the quests there. Two of my favorite zones are done on my Alliance characters now, which makes me a little sad. I will probably never get to go through Duskwood again, but luckily STV is a zone that Horde get to quest in as well, and I'm looking forward to seeing these zones from a different perspective. I think the only zones I've done with both factions so far are Ashenvale and Stonetalon, so that was interesting, but those zones still tended to keep you separated from the other faction for the most part, with no neutral towns like Booty Bay or Gadgetzan to mix it up.

I supposed less ganking issues would arise in town if there were no neutral towns, but the guards usually keep that to a minimum. This didn't stop a certain level 70 Blood Elf hunter from causing some trouble for me and a couple other Alliance people trying to hop on the boat from Booty Bay to Ratchet. This guy would wait on the dock until right before the boat left and then kill all Alliance on it, and since he's over 20 levels above us it didn't take him very long. Now the run back isn't too long, but the issue is that even if the boat is leaving, if he shoots you dead before you are out of range, you rez in the graveyard and have to wait for the next boat. The guy must have been having a great time doing this because we were there for about 3 boats before we were finally able to get one, and that wasn't because he let us, it was because I came up with a solution. So since my body was on the dock right next to the boat I could rez on the boat, and I also knew that he wanted to stay in Booty Bay so if the boat started to leave he would get off. I waited until the boat started leaving, then before getting out of range of my body I rezzed. Worked like a charm, and while it wasted about 15 minutes of my time, which was pretty annoying, I at least figured out how to deal with that situation if it were to ever come up again.

Well after getting to Ratchet I flew over to Dustwallow to turn in a quest and then logged out. I don't have the flight path to Tanaris yet, so I'm gonna have to run there, but there are some skill ranks I need to get for my pet anyway and three of them are in Dustwallow, so next time I'm on that will be priority number one. It's sort of annoying the way you have to tame something to learn its skill and teach it to your own pet, especially when sometimes it takes forever to learn the skill. It took me so long to learn prowl, but it was a skill I really wanted to teach my cat so I did it. I think a better way would be to learn it by attacking the beast that uses the skill. Maybe a 'study beast' skill instead of taming that gives you a chance to learn that beast's skills, similar to taming in that while using the skill the beast is beating on you so you have to make sure you'll live long enough to finish before you die. They could also just make give you the skills when you tame that certain beast rather than learning them after having them use that skill enough times. Maybe because of the ease of being a hunter they had to make some part of leveling up tedious so it wasn't so unfair to other classes. Either way, it's on to the desert for me to kill some hooligans and pirates.

No comments: