Monday, March 3, 2008

Priest in Outland

I finally finished up Azeroth with my priest and head on to Outland. One thing I'm mad at myself for though is I forgot to get the pattern for Mooncloth Bag from the guy in Winterspring while I was there. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but my priest is a tailor and enchanter, so I wanted to to be able to make so bags and make some money from leveling up tailoring. I guess it isn't all bad though because I can just disenchant the other stuff I'm making which helps me level up enchanting at the same time. I also sold a bunch of my old enchanting mats once I actually check the AH and found out how much they sell for. I still had a bunch of mats that get used in the very first enchants you get and it was all taking up room in my bag. I'm not sure why I still even had them either, it's not like they were going to help me level up enchanting anymore, but I was luckily able to get rid of a bunch of them and make some money in the process.

I'm finding the combination of tailoring/enchanting to be some of my favorites, second would be leatherworking/skinning, and if you can afford to keep them up to speed with your character you can help yourself out quite a bit. In the mid 40's I made myself most of the Shadoweave set and a few Dreamweave items to boost my spell damage and pretty much kept it on until now since I never got anything else that added more to my shadow spell damage and I could really care less about how much armor they gave me. Now I'm getting all the Outland upgrades from quests and a couple drops and they are ridiculously better, as I'm sure you all know already, and I'm finding that my maximum health and mana have both shot up considerably due to the greatly increased stats on the armor, as well as much more spell damage, and not just shadow damage this time so if I was ever to be asked to heal an instance I should be able to hold my own, at least before the high end ones.

On a side note, ever since the expansion came out I've always wanted to get to 70 and get my attunements for the old world end game content and go through them with a group of a bunch of other 70s. Sure it wouldn't be quite the same, and I'm sure would be much easier than it was before, but I never got to see most of that content as I hit 60 only a few months before the expansion and was never able to get geared up enough to go to places like MC or AQ. I mean I was only able to do Scholo and Strat with any consistency, and even then I never got the drops I wanted. The only time I tried LBRS I had a terrible PUG and I don't even remember making it a boss in there so I feel like I'm missing out on something that, while the rewards won't be that great like they were before, I can see some cool content that I never really experienced and that everyone just bypasses now that it's outdated.

It would be pretty cool if they gave the old raid instances some upgrades, like make heroic versions of them that are 25-man level 70 raid instances, and put in some better drops, and maybe even just make heroic versions of every instance to be on par for a level 70 that gets bored and wants to run an old dungeon with a PUG for fun. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to scale up all the mobs change the drops, although Blizzard is probably more interested in creating new content at this point than going back and changing old content for us players that never got to see it. I seem to remember back when I was farming SM with my rogue to get some stuff for my priest that I would see the option to make it heroic pop up when I entered, not that it actually worked, but at the time I wished it did, as well as making a heroic version of every instance in the game that scales with whatever the level cap happens to be at the time. How cool would it be to run Deadmines again with your 70 and have it not only be tough with a 5-man group, but give you some good drops as well? Or what about a 25-man level 70 version of MC? I also think those legendary weapons need an upgrade as well, that big mace you get from Ragnaros looked awesome, and it seems like a legendary weapon should be relevant to a character at the highest level, although they'd have to make a different version that you get only from the heroic instance since I'm sure most of the people who got it before the expansion still have it in the bank.

Just some ideas to think about.

No comments: