Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Those crazy vendors

Still hanging out in Outland, but I went back for a bit to learn my new level 62 skills, turns out I only get one, but I guess thats how it goes. I also flew over to Winterspring to see about getting that Runecloth Bag pattern, but the NPC that sells it just didn't want me to have it I guess. I decided to do some item trading between my other characters, sent a bunch of cloth and items to disenchant to my priest, came back and she still wasn't selling it. I did learn how to make Mooncloth though, and also got an enchanting recipe, so I guess it wasn't a total loss, but I really want to make bags. The only recipe I have for runecloth that is guaranteed to level my skill up and that also doesn't require a bunch of other materials uses 6 bolts to make, thats 30 runecloth apiece, and my skill is only at 280, so I have 20 more levels to go before I can use all the netherweave cloth I've been getting.

I'm finding Outland to be a breeze so far, and I can probably attribute a lot of that to the fact that I waited to head out there, but I also think part of it is the power of the shadow priest. I mean for the most part I can throw up my Power Word: Shield and the mob is usually down before it gets through, and I know it isn't the fastest way to kill a mob, but I use my wand a lot, and in doing this I rarely run out of health or mana so I almost never have downtime between fights. I remember Hellfire Peninsula taking forever on my druid, and I barely even started it on my rogue, but at the pace I'm going now I'll be caught up to my druid in no time. I'm even thinking about picking up my shaman again, since she's just about to the point where she will be picking up lots of runecloth, so I can level her up and in the process I will be farming some cloth for my priest to get her tailoring up to speed. Too bad I think I sold most of the netherweave my druid picked up along the way, guess I'll have some gathering to do for that.

I also need to pick up my hunter again at some point, she's been neglected for way too long, ever since I heard the pet AI was bugged when they changed it so they try to get behind the target, but I assume that's fixed now, and I had lots of fun with that character, especially since I took the time at the beginning to get my lynx pet that can only be found in the blood elf starting area. Yeah, running through EPL as a level 12 wasn't that fun, but I eventually made it, got my pet, and now I get a bunch of comments on it all the time. I also want to pick up a wolf pet at some point, but from what I've heard with changes to leveling between 20-60, it's not practical to try to level two pets at once, so I guess I'll wait on getting a second pet. If you checked out her armory profile and are wondering what the hell is up with her spec, I originally went MM because I liked the skills I would be getting, but then I realized after reading some sites that I wanted to go BM instead, but instead of respeccing I just put my points into the BM tree from that point on and this is where I've ended up. It actually works out pretty good for me so far, but I guess we'll see what happens at the higher levels. For now I have no trouble taking out mobs.

Don't even get me started on my Horde characters, they'll get their chance, I just haven't decided when yet.

No comments: