Friday, March 14, 2008

Separation or integration?

As I've been reading through other WoW blogs I noticed that there are a lot of couples that play together and I want to figure out what brought that about. Right now I try to plan my WoW time around everything else, girlfriend included, so pretty much whenever we're together I'm not playing. This makes it pretty hard to find any substantial amount of play time unless she's busy with something else, but I've been managing because most weeknights she was busy. Well all that is about to change in a couple weeks and while it's a good thing in that I will see her more often, I'd still like to be able to play as much as I was able to before. I'm not really sure if convincing her to play would work because she considers whenever I play WoW my "nerd time", which doesn't really make it sound like she's interested, besides the fact that I don't think she'd want to pay the monthly fee.

So how do you with significant others that don't play WoW schedule your play time? Do you do like me and play only while they're not around, or are you able to compromise some play time and they find something else to do while you play? I think I'm gonna have to come up with some kind of compromise because otherwise I will effectively get no play time. Were any of you in the same situation and actually got them to play with you? She does play videogames, just more FPS than anything, but it is obviously addicting, and I think if I can get her to give it a try she may find out she likes it. Wish me luck with that.

In other news, I did get a little play time in yesterday, and managed to get quite a bit more done in Dustwallow. I raided a Grimtotem camp, freeing prisoners and releasing raptors. Killed a named Murloc and took his sword, captured some more raptors (guess they weren't free for too long, but they'll be treated better than they were by the Grimtotems), and killed the gargoyle that was haunting Witch Hill. Then I investigated the Shady Rest Inn, luckily the badge you find there has a question mark over it now, that thing was so hard to find before. Didn't get that much XP because most of the quests were pretty low level (still green, but just barely), but I got to check out content they added in there on the last patch and I only wish it had been there when I was leveling up my first couple characters to get me through those levels.

1 comment:

Kinless said...

I was lucky in that my girlfriend was already something of a gamer. She played Neverwinter Nights before I ever met her.

Our first "together" game was MtG:Online which we played whenever we found ourselves in our own states.

She wound up moving in and then I hooked her up with her own WoW account.

She wanted to play Guild Wars and EQ2 as well. But I didn't care for them. (GW too instanced and EQ2 with the terrible Uncanny Valley.)

She's now got nearly as many alts in WoW as I do. She'll venture off with other games if I'm raiding, but a great deal of my game time is spent with her as we duo our way through the world.