Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Giant sea monster?

I was sort of counterproductive yesterday. I went over to Arathi with my hunter and did the Stromgarde quests, which I hadn't been able to before, but now they aren't elite. Those quests actually went pretty quickly, the whole having a pet thing helps me out a lot in those fights with a bunch of mobs that are close together, so I mowed through them all for the most part. After completing those quests I headed over to find the giant and kill him, then to the Circle of Inner Binding, summoned that giant and took the follow up quest. Then I went and killed some ogres and grabbed the wand from one of them, to stop him from learning to use magic I guess. Went back and turned all those in, then headed to Ironforge to learn my new skills (since I'm 42 now) and turn in another quest. The next quest in the chain from the giant sends you to the Badlands, and while it would be cool to continue that quest line, I really don't think I want to spend the time and effort on it, so I dropped that quest.

From Ironforge I headed over to Menethil and hopped a boat to Theramore. As I got there I saw a huge sea monster attacking the harbor. Now I may not have spent a lot of time in Theramore, but I thought I would at least know about a sea monster attack, apparently not, or is this a fairly new event? I looked up the monster's name and found the quest that starts out the chain to bring him out, and while it's 6 levels below me, I wanted to do it anyway, just seems like a cool quest. This is where counterproductive comes in. See, this quest is not really going to help me out at all in my leveling as it is so far below my level and won't get me much XP, but sometimes you just find something you can't pass up. Anyway, I did the first parts of the quest, the next one makes you travel to the other side of the zone, so I'm going to do that part as I complete the quests for Mudsprocket. All these quests are optional to me at this point. Originally, Dustwallow would have been a zone I skipped over completely, and I have the capacity to finish up STV and move on to Tanaris already, but most of the quests here are green to me and I figure it's an easy boost in XP that will just make those later zones that much easier.

So I had planned my hunter to be a money maker and made her a leatherworker and herbalist, but I just kept forgetting to gather herbs, so while my leatherworking is up to my level, my herbalism is still in the apprentice stages, which is pretty sad and not helping me make money. I'm thinking of dropping leatherworking and picking up alchemy instead, but I'm not sure it would be a good idea at this point. I want to make money, and gathering skills are the best way to do that for me, I just need to level up my herbalism so I can collect herbs as I continue through the levels. Then I need to start putting up some auctions rather than just selling to vendors. It gets so annoying running out of bag space, and a lot of the time I don't want to make the trip to the AH, but I still need to buy my hunter a mount and my 3 characters above 60 their epic riding skills and mounts. This is gonna take a while.

No comments: