Friday, March 28, 2008

I don't have ADD

But every time I read someone's blog that plays a certain class, it gets me excited about playing that class. I don't know, I just started BRK's blog from the beginning and it really makes me want to get on my hunter and stick some mobs with my arrows, but then I read about Mabd's mage and I want to hop on mine and burn some baddies to the ground. I even considered bringing my rogue out of retirement after reading Doomilias, but I'm still hesitant on that, he needs to respec and I'm saving money any way I can to buy mounts for everybody, so for now he's my bank mule...at level 60.

I played a little yesterday on my hunter, not much though as I had a bunch of errands to run after work that I had been putting off for a long time so they really built up. I think they've changed the drop rates on quest items you have to gather, because I remember doing some of these quests on other characters before and they seem to drop the stuff way faster now, although I'm sure goretusk livers are still impossible to come by over in Westfall (has to be one of the worst quests in the game). Anyway, it was a nice surprise when a quest that used to take 50 kills ended up taking less than 25.

I really wish the game was still new to me, and while I may be way more of a n00b than a lot of players out there, I miss that feeling of exploring new places, learning new things about this World of Warcraft. I remember being on my first character, took me two weeks to get to level 15 and I was running around aimlessly in Loch Modan killing boars when I stumbled upon the entrance to the Badlands. Oh man, I ran in thinking this would be the next place I was going to be questing, and then saw the dwarves digging holes by Uldaman and couldn't even see what level they were. Holy crap, this must be way beyond my level, and if it takes me this long to get to level 15, when am I ever going to be up to the level of killing those guys? I think I even ran close enough to one to aggro him, thinking maybe I couldn't see his level because of the distance, but nope, he ran at me and one shotted me before I had a chance to run. Then on my second character I decided to stay on the eastern continent as long as I could, going through Darkshore and Ashenvale rather than through what I had already done before. I was all about uncovering everything on the map, so I ran around discovering all the areas so they would fill in. I finally came upon the area in Ashenvale near the portal in the northeastern corner and was thoroughly surprised to see a bunch of elite dragons walking around, obviously way above my level, but I had to uncover it, so I ran in trying to stay out of aggro range, uncovered the area, then tried to jet out as fast as I could. On my way out I managed to grab aggro somehow and got hit in the back with a spell that hit for 3 times more damage than I had health, but I had uncovered that piece of the map and that was an accomplishment.

Now that I've been playing for the better part of 3 years, I think I've lost that spark of going new places, seeing new things, and being amazed at just how massive that world is. Sure I haven't been everywhere, far from it. I've only gotten as far as Zangarmarsh in Outland, I haven't been inside any of the old raid instances, or any of the BC instances at all, but I'm more concerned with the world, not instances, I don't usually have time for those as I can't commit to play for long enough to finish one in one sitting. I suppose my plethora of alts doesn't really help my cause, as it results in me seeing the same places and quests over and over again, which I think playing Horde alts will help me out with. Sure it's the same world, but besides the quests from the neutral towns, the Horde quests will give some new flavor to the game. I suppose I could also spend some time exploring Outland, but the significantly slower rate of leveling is sort of discouraging me, I like to go through a level or two each time I play. Luckily I still have fun though, and if you aren't playing it for fun then maybe you shouldn't be playing.

1 comment:

hou said...

I think they've changed the drop rates on quest items you have to gather, because I remember doing some of these quests on other characters before

xiaomi mi 4i
meizu pro 5
Meizu Metal