Friday, March 7, 2008

Shizz work

Probably one of the funniest quests in the game, where you have to follow around a fel hound and kill boars so it will eat and take a crap, which you then proceed to search until you find a key, plus it gives you a bad smelling debuff. Did this quest yesterday, along with all the quests that little goblin at the Thrallmar mine gives you, plus I did one of the elite quests and got a sweet trinket, so now I have like 5 trinkets that I like, but only can equip 2, so I don't know if I should bank the others or just disenchant them. Some of them are good in certain situations, like the stopwatch that makes you run faster for a short time, but it's something I rarely use so I'm not sure it's worth it to keep the thing. I know once it goes in the bank I probably won't ever equip it again, but I'm thinking that for BG's or something it might be a good thing to keep around once I hit the level cap. I guess I'll hang onto it just in case, whatever it disenchants into probably won't help my enchanting skill at this point anyway.

For the elite quest I joined a 5 man group to kill Arazzius the Cruel, I think that was his name, and I healed for our little group. Had two druids, a warlock, and a hunter, and my priest, which is shadow by the way. Well one of the druids tanked in bear form, the other went cat form, and pretty much went to town on the guy. He has a summon infernal spell, and happened to summon some just as I healed our tank, so I get aggro and spend the rest of the fight running around in circles and putting on my bubble when I can because no one pulls them off me. Luckily once he dies his infernals die too, so I got the quest completed and headed back to turn it in. There are still a few more elite quests that I need to do there, and looking at the rewards they would be worth it to me to get them done, so I guess I'll have to stray from my normal soloing and group up again for those, seems to be a lot of people willing to help out there though, unlike in Azeroth, which is why I thought it was good they made all those mobs non-elite. Sure it was a big accomplishment way back when, but there aren't many people left in the lower levels anymore, and the ones that are there are people on alts that are trying to solo through and level as fast as possible, so why have all those quests when no one can finish them? It still takes a very dedicated person to make it to Outland, let alone get to 70, so while some people may complain about the change making the accomplishment seem diminished, well, they're technically right, but it helps to not discourage new players since they can catch up with a reasonable amount of play time, and helps people with alts (like me) not get bored with content we've done a bunch of times before. I know I like the addition of Dustwallow Marsh quests, giving something a little different, and during some levels where it was really hard to find any significant amount of quests to help you level through it and continue on. The new non-elites also add some extra flavor, as most of the time I would have to skip them all, but now I can do them on my own and see some stuff I never got around to seeing before.

Yes, I really think Blizzard is doing a good job so far in the direction they are taking the game, making it more viable for casual players or players that just don't care much for the end game and just like the joy they get from leveling. I love doing quests and actually finding ones where you care about the story behind it and follow along. I'm sorta bummed that I've gotten all my Alliance characters past level 40, there were a bunch of quests I liked in the 20-40 range on the Alliance side and I probably won't ever get to do them again. On the other hand, I get to take some Horde characters through the levels (never got past level 30 on Horde before) and see a view from the other side, so maybe it will be a better experience. The thing I'm looking forward to the most in the future is new classes, since at this point I don't see them adding any new races with the lack of lore to support it, unless they were to make some sort of third faction, but that seems less likely. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: