Thursday, August 7, 2008

Almost there, almost there

Anybody out there gone after the wintersaber mount? I think it would look awesome with my priest, but I've heard horror stories about the rep grind you have to go through.

I've also heard that at some point they changed the amount of rep you get to make it go faster, but how much faster? If anyone has any details let me know, I want one, and it just might become my side project after I hit 70 on my druid.

It really seems my progress is starting to slow as I get closer to 70. I know it's not like I'm getting less experience, it's just the anticipation of getting there that's getting to me. You know how when you were little and once December came it took forever to get to Christmas? I think this is the same thing.

It's funny though that with any of my other characters, the only other time this happened was my first 60, my rogue. I have since gotten two other characters to 60 and beyond, and one of them even got there before they accelerated leveling from 20-60, so it should have felt the same, but I think it's just that the anticipation isn't as much anymore once you've done it the first time.

I think a big part of the problem is all the group quests I have built up from various zones. I figured I'd keep them around and try to solo them later when I'm at a level where I think I can do them. I even still have some from Zangarmarsh that I could probably take right now.

What I'm trying to do is hit level 69 before I leave BEM, but right now I'm only a little over halfway and it doesn't look like there's much left to do there, so those group quests may come in handy a little sooner than I thought.

I'm just glad I'll get to 70 soon, I'm starting to get antsy playing the druid all the time and I have to really resist the urge to play a different character. This is exactly why I have all those alts, I just can't commit to one class for too long without wanting to switch it up.

Usually I can just run a character out of rested XP, and by then I'm ready to switch, but in this case it takes so long to level that I'm going to have a blue bar all the way to 70. I just have to stick it out for a little while longer.

I'll try for a more insightful post tomorrow, I need to play some WoW for inspiration.

No comments: