Monday, August 11, 2008

Put 'em up to put 'em down

Something my friends and I usually say when drinking beer, but I think this applies to my weekend WoW activities as well. I said last time that I would be going back to take out some of those elite quests I skipped in Terokkar and Nagrand, and I managed to do just that on Saturday.

First up was Terokkar. There were seven quests that I had left unfinished my first time there becuase I couldn't complete them on my own at the time, but coming back at level 68 I was confident that I could manage it.

Up in the northeast was a basalisk whose blood I needed to collect, and while I half expected to have a stone gaze spell of some sort to deal with, he didn't have one and I took him down in now time. I quickly headed over to the blood elf base that was nearby and managed to save a night elf druid from her cage and help her escape. Her friends were pretty happy about that.

I made my way to the Tomb of Light and summoned a big guardian. Not really sure what he was doing, but he needed protection and I provided that, along with a couple buddies that happened to be in there at the same time. Had a little Horde trouble, but nothing we couldn't handle, and we made quick work of those vengeful draenei.

Moving south again I took out a huge spider, all by myself, although I had almost nothing left at the end of it. Then I remembered this big bird I needed to kill in the west. They told me to kill his mate first, which was a large vulture, so I did that on the way, but when I went to lure him out he ended up being an owl. Not sure how that works, but whatever, he's dead now.

Heading even further south I talked to some dwarfs who wanted to do some digging, so I protected them along the way, which ended up being pretty easy. Then they wanted me to summon worms until I killed enough to lure out the big one. Long story short, I used a little trick I read about where I stood around a corner out of line of sight and just hit it every so often to keep it focused on me and he ended up dying on his own. I felt like I was cheating, but maybe he was just old and the excitement was too much.

Last up for Terokkar was gathering skulls from those bad draenei that are always summoning up ghosts from dead bodies. Pretty freaky stuff, but I round up enough to summon a big bone dragon. When I saw him land on top of me I thought I had no chance, but I stuck it out, maybe with a little luck, and he went down just like the others.

With that I was done with Terokkar and ready to make my way over to Nagrand to finish up there. Oh, upon turning in those quests I turned level 69 as well, only one left to go, it won't be long now. Nagrand will have to wait until tomorrow, but needless to say I had similar success there. Nesingwary was very impressed.

No comments: