Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More enchanting

I don't know if I just did too much questing this past weekend or what, but suddenly I'm having trouble getting motivated to log on to my druid and finish up Howling Fjord. Instead I decided to do some more enchanting done on my priest last night.

When we left off I was sitting pretty at 300, and with all the mats I built up from disenchanting Outland stuff, I had a good amount to use on those enchants. Not nearly enough to get me to 375, but a good amount.

First up I needed to make a Runed Fel Iron Rod. I actually got a pretty decent price on the rod, and I ended up having to buy most of the rest of that mats as well. I ended up transferring over 100g from my druid to pay for it, but he's made so much money in Northrend that it's not a big deal.

So that got me to 301, and following the guide I found I enchanted up to 320 just using arcane dust. At that point I was almost able to disenchant those greenies I've been getting from my druid from Northrend, which require enchanting to be 325. I did decide to enchant my bracers with Major Intellect, which wasn't on the list, but it was an upgrade.

That didn't get me a level, but with the rest of my supply of Greater Planar Essences I was able to get my enchanting up to 331 before I ran out.

Now I need more materials. My once full enchanting bag that overflowed into one of my other bags is less than half full now, and it seems sort of weird to me now. I'm so used to having to clear out bag space because of all the enchanting mats I have taking up all the space, but now I look at those empty slots and it doesn't feel right.

For now I think I'll take a break on the enchanting for a while. I've already spent a lot of money to get it this far, and I figure since I have a few more characters to send through Outland still I should have plenty of chance to disenchant whatever they find and get the most of the mats I need myself.

I think my next goal is to finish up Howling Fjord on the druid, then go back to Borean Tundra and figure out what I missed there. I was considering just taking the ship back to train my skills after that, but since I hope to be level 74 by that point I think I'll make my way to Dalaran and portal back.

I say I need to be 74 because I plan on getting to Dalaran by going through the quests rather than just have a mage port me there. I think it will be more rewarding, and for my first time there I want to go the route that was created for us if we had to get there on our own without help from others.

Leveling up professions can be sort of relaxing, and I think the past couple days I was at just the point where I needed a little break from the constant questing, but now I'm ready to go back in and continue leveling through Northrend.

No comments: