Friday, December 5, 2008

Moved on too early?

I get the feeling like I'm missing something in Borean Tundra. I've pretty much traveled the whole map, but reading this post by Spicytuna I see a quest where you dress up as the opposing faction, and I never did anything like that. I'll have to look into it, but even if I did miss something it will have to wait until I go back there.

Right now I've moved on to Howling Fjord. It's a pretty cool looking zone, and once again the Alliance town is under attack at the gates.

Before heading there I finished up the last few quests I had in Borean Tundra. I like the debuff you get from killing mammoths where the D.E.H.T.A. can tell you killed one and attack you for it. I think a lot of little things like that is what makes WoW great, and I love finding stuff like that. I am glad your rep with them doesn't get lowered when you kill the animals though, becuase it was part of a quest and I didn't want to miss out on that XP.

In the end I still hadn't hit 62, but I was within one bar, which is close enough for me. I hopped on one of the sea turtles and made my way to the fjord, stopping off in Dragonblight for the flight path and to switch turtles on the way.

I'm almost glad they don't let you fly in Northrend until later on. Despite not having the money for the skill, I also wouldn't want to miss out on the exploring by just flying everywhere. A lot of what I enjoy about this game is just how massive it is, and flying around causes you to miss out on a lot of stuff.

I did manage to get another few levels of leatherworking on my druid, and even better was the fact that I could send the stuff I made back to my priest to disenchant and get some mats for herself. The mats she got out of it got her a few levels as well.

One of these days I'm going to farm some leather so my druid can get over that 300 hump, and maybe the mats my priest gets from that will get her over too. Is it sad that I have two characters over 70 with crafting professions under 300? I just need more money I think, that would solve everything.

No comments: