Thursday, December 11, 2008

What the...

Alright, this happened to me last week, but I didn't mention it until now. It's about being ganked by a death knight, and what confused me about the whole thing.

Now I've played through the DK starting area, and I know most of the skills you start out with. I haven't actually chosen a spec yet with mine, but I've done some research and I'm just torn between blood and unholy. On the one hand I would love to be able to control my ghoul, but blood seems much more solo friendly with all the skills that give you back health.

But we're getting off topic, this is about my druid getting ganked by a DK last week and the turn of events I can't explain.

First, I was surprised just after killing a mob, but that's how ganking usually goes, and he already had an unfair advantage. Now most of the time if I know I have no chance of winning I will just stand there, maybe give a /sigh or two and wait for him to kill me. This wasn't one of those times. I had most of my health and didn't feel like going down easily.

So I get grabbed and pulled to him, and immediately I shift to bear since I know my best chance is to outlast. I turned and hit him, multiple times. I got of some Lascerates, a couple Mangles, as well as the normal white damage. I saw that he had some of those blood worms out, so I added in some Swipes as well, but for some reason they weren't hitting them.

I'm not sure exactly what he was doing, but I was dying, and quickly. Then I glance at his health...and it's still almost full. But wait, I know I've done some damage, I saw the numbers come up, and it was a good amount of damage too. Why was his health so high?

He ended up killing me easily and, despite my various attacks on him, he still had all that health. It's like I couldn't even scratch him. I just can't figure it out. Just how much health do those blood worms give back? And why couldn't I hit them with my Swipe? I was just completely baffled, and I still am.

Can anybody tell me what was going on?

I confess I'm really no good at PvP, but I can usually at least put up a decent fight. This guy pretty much said, "You can fight back, but it won't do you any good." It was a little embarassing, and very frustrating.

Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this, but I guess I'll eventually find out when I get some more experience playing as a DK. This really pushes me to level him as blood, since I think that's what spec the guy was. If I could take down a feral bear druid in PvP without losing health then I should have no problem in any PvE content.

2 comments:

Frapologist said...

I have an 80 Unholy DK that is so op it's nuts. You will find that the DK can heal while doing you damage using the blood strike and other talents. Top that off with plate armor and a slew of dots...ur dead

WhoopinYe said...

Yeah, it was ironic because someone in general chat had just complained about druids being OP.