Monday, December 1, 2008

Big weekend

So how did my holiday weekend go, you might ask? Well even if you didn't ask I'm going to tell you anyway.

First off, Thanksgiving was awesome. Lots of good food and fun with the family. My cousins had their Wii there, and we all had a great time playing. Watching my parents try to figure out how to do the bowling, and then how much fun they had when they finally got the hang of it was awesome.

I also got a lot done in WoW. The gf had to work most of the weekend, and with most of my other friends either out of town or also working, I had a lot of time to myself, and a lot of it was spent trying to push my priest the rest of the way to 70.

I didn't quite make it, but I got close. I did manage to finish up Terokkar (except the group quests), and made my way to Nagrand, but only for the flight path. From there I flew up to Orebar Harborage and ran through the cave to Blade's Edge. Since I was there I decided to do those first quests at Sylvanaar before continuing on to Netherstorm.

I did pretty much all the quests in that first little area, but when it was time to move on to a new quest hub I skipped it and went straight to Netherstorm. By that time I was a few bars into level 68 and figured it would be a good time to make the move.

I'd never been there before, and didn't really know what to expect. It's a really strange zone, and I don't think I was really prepared for it. The thing that surprised me the most were the ecologies.

On my way to turn in some quests I pretty much expected to just see more of the same purple landscape, but then I ran into a glowing hemisphere with plants and wildlife inside, and I could pass right through into it with no trouble at all.

When I finally called it quits last night I had finished almost all the quests given at Area 52 and the southeastern island with the Kirin'Var village. I also managed to do a few of the quests at the first ecology and made my way up to the Stormspire and got the flight path. After all that I was about 4 bars away from level 70, and with lots of quests left to do I should get there in my next play session.

It's been a great experience playing to 70 on a second character, and being able to go through an entirely different zone to get there makes it even better. My usual motto is to stop playing a character immediately when the run out of rest XP bonus, but I'm so close I'm going to have to waive that restriction this time.

The only problem I'm having is that her enchanting skill isn't high enough to disenchant the green items she's getting. I ended up putting all of them in the bank so I can get some mats out of them when I get there.

The big problem is that I've outleveled my enchanting. All the items I get give me the mats for the next tier of enchanting recipes, so I'm going to have to figure out the easiest way to go about getting those mats. I'm hoping the items my hunter and shaman will be getting when they start up again will disenchant into the right mats, but I'm almost certain that's not the case, so I'll probably have to figure something else out.

Hopefully I can push my priest to 70 tonight, then it's time to head over to Northrend on my druid and see what all the fuss is about. I'm hoping the big rush has calmed down by now, and maybe I can quest without too much of a crowd, I'm not holding my breath though.

That was my weekend, how was yours?

No comments: