Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chaaarge!!!

Probably my favorite warrior ability, and the reason I love playing one, is Charge. I remember when I first started WoW and all I had was my little gnome rogue, and I would see the people playing warriors being able to get within a certain distance of a mob and then run up to them really fast, so fast it left a trail behind them, and it stuns the enemy for a couple seconds too. I always thought it was a cool ability, and while my rogue may have been able to stealth, I didn't think it really looked as cool as what a warrior could do. So now that I finally got around to starting up a warrior and got him up to a high enough level to learn charge I pretty much use it exclusively as my opening attack. Well maybe not if I want to pull something away because it is too close to other mobs, but I just love being able to close that distance so fast, slap on a stun, and even get some rage out of it.

Did I mention how much I dislike Mulgore? Alright, I can live with a zone being spread out, I mean I'm gonna be in the Barrens next so I better be able to deal with that. What gets to me is that the quest givers are so spread out too. You got the main town that you get a lot of the quests from, but then you have this wandering tauren walking along the road that you have find to get his quest, and then to turn it in. There's also this elder tauren or something that's in the middle of nowhere, and it sort of messes up my whole questing process. I like to quest in circuits, gather a bunch of quests, figure out which ones take me to which areas, and get them all done in one swoop with minimum travel time. Then, to make it worse, you have to deal with Thunder Bluff and turning in some of the quests there. One of them tells you where the NPC is by saying "on the highest plateau in Thunder Bluff," but I checked and the one I found him on is not the highest. Luckily I hit level 12 and I am done with Mulgore, so time to move on to the Barrens and all the loudmouth idiots that reside there.

Also hopped on my priest for a bit this morning before work. I was going to run my warrior to the barrens and get the flight paths, but the realm was down so I had to switch to my Ally realm which, despite being one of the first realms, still has no issues with population. Guess I got lucky. I went back to work on the Twilight Hammer quests, and actually finished one, but didn't have time to turn it in before I had to leave, oh well. I think I can finish Silithus up tonight if I put my mind to it, at least whats left that I want to do at this point, some of those quests just aren't worth the time it takes to do them. I guess that's what you get when you open a new zone without testing it, and since it doesn't matter so much anymore I don't think they're going to do anything about it at this point.

By the way, anybody notice the other zones in Azeroth that have boundaries but can't be accessed? I think the most prominent one is the zone where Mount Hyjal would be, in between Felwood and Azshara. There are a couple zones in the eastern continent that are like this too, although I'm not sure what would be in those, but you'd think since they have borders on the map they might plan on putting something there eventually. And that brings me to the Emerald Dream portals, or at least what seem to be leading to the Emerald Dream. There are world boss dragons guarding them now, but I'm thinking that unless WotLK is the last expansion they make, I think they'll be utilizing these portals as access points to new zones, and I would be excited to see this happen. I can't think of anywhere else that a new threat to Azeroth will come from, and I was always curious about what those portals lead to, so hopefully we will be able to see what is on the other side some day. I like to speculate on future developments in the game in case you haven't noticed.

No comments: