Monday, February 11, 2008

Too good to resist

So in my last post I said was going over to the Horde side for a while, and while that was my initial intent, once I got my mage to 20 I decided to let him rest up for a while before unleashing him again. I also can't resist playing my priest, especially since she's so close to Outland I can taste it. When I first started her it was to eventually become a main healer in groups, and at the time I didn't really know about the big difference in racial abilities with priests, so I started a night elf, if for no other reason than to appeal to the guys for some free help when I needed it. So I started trying to level with a holy build, and things were going pretty slow, by the time I got to around 25 I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to switch to shadow, and I am so glad I did. Shadow is awesome, I can take down single mobs with ease, two mobs aren't too much trouble, and adds don't usually bother me too much either, besides using up most of my mana. I also get a sweet shadow aura around myself in shadow form, and it extends to my mount too, just pure awesome.

Now I don't remember exactly when or which patch it was, but priests got an update that made my choice of a night elf not look so dumb anymore. When I first found out about the difference in racial abilities of priests I was sort of mad, the dwarves got Fear Ward, undead got Devouring Plague, and I was stuck with Starshards and Elune's Grace, not to mention I was already around level 40, which is too far along to start over. Well along comes this patch and pretty much makes my choice look genius. Now all priests have Fear Ward, and Starshards is not only free to cast now, but is no longer channeled, making it a free DoT spell. Right now my spell rotation is pretty simple: throw up a Power Word: Shield, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain, Starshards, then wand to death, and they almost always end up dead before they even take down my shield, plus it doesn't even put a dent in my mana so I rarely have to stop to drink, which also saves me some inventory space.

My priest is now level 61 and finished with WPL/EPL quests, or at least the ones I wanted to do. Now I will be going to Silithus to mop up some quests there for some easy XP before finishing up Winterspring, then it's off to Outland to burn up some Helboars and Fel Orcs. One thing I'm thinking about doing is getting the epic tiger mount from Winterspring, but I'm not sure I want to go through that rep grind, the whole rep grinding aspect of the game is boring to me so I guess I might have to skip it and just buy a mount, of course I'm gonna need to gather enough money for that anyway so it might be a while. Actually none of my toons that are 60 and above have epic mounts, I was just never able to save up the money for it, and it's not like I spent it on random stuff, mostly new skills and repairs, but I guess I don't utilize the AH well enough but I will try to in the future to hopefully build up some cash and get everyone their mounts. I have no idea how I'm going to get enough money for flying mounts, but that probably won't be for a while.

Well it's Monday, and that means back to work, have a good week everyone.

No comments: