Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hi everybody

Well after checking out a few other WoW blogs I decided to try my hand at it, I found them pretty entertaining as a fellow player and maybe I can do the same with mine. Now, if you're thinking this will just be another WoW blog that just documents my progress through the game...you might be right, I haven't really decided the format yet, but I will try to keep it as exciting as possible.

Let me give a little background about myself, at least as far as WoW playing is concerned. I started playing a few months after the game was released, I believe it was around March or April 2005, and it was fairly casual from the get go as I was juggling school and work at the time so free time was hard to come by. My friend and I bought the game at the same time with the intent of playing together through to level 60 and on to whatever came once you got there. My brother had been playing the game from launch along with one of his friends as well and said it was a lot of fun. Now my friend had played EQ whereas I had never played an MMO before so I was pretty relient on him for a while, although he had to learn a whole new game too. So I started an undead rogue on whatever server it assigned me and call him up and he says he started a dwarf pally. OK, so how do we meet up? Oh, we have to be on the same server? We have to be on the same side? Well I figured if that was the case I better call my brother and see what server he is on so we can all play together sometime, so he tells me to get on Gorgonnash on Alliance side. Awww, I wanted to be undead, but oh well, I guess I'll go with a gnome rogue (Deadbare) instead, as my friend remade his dwarf pally. Guess it's a good thing we didn't get far before switching servers.

So over the course of about a year and a half we managed to muddle through the levels, going pretty slow, getting every quest, checking out the instances we could get into, basically trying to see everying in the game rather than just shoot through to 60, we wanted the whole experience on the way there. I even stopped playing for almost 3 months at one point because it seemed to take forever, but I came back because I don't like leaving things unfinished. Then I find out there's an expansion coming out, and it's gonna raise the level cap, so I better get to 60 before then so I can get into the new content.

Well once I reached 60 along with my friend we went into the usual instances: Scholo, Strat, BRD, BRS, trying to upgrade our gear, but it was slow going because it's impossible to get into a PUG as a rogue, and I was getting bored again, which pushed me to start an alt. That was when I found out how I like to play. I guess I'm what they call an alt-o-holic, I want to try every class, I want to progress through the game differently, quest in different zones. I don't care too much about instances, partially because I don't have the time, my WoW sessions tend to be an hour at a time, and if something else comes up I don't hesitate to do that instead. At that point I decided to make a nightelf druid (Blackbare) on the same server, and have since made alts for pretty much every other class which I can pick and choose who to play. My friend has since lost interest, as has my brother, but I continue to solo through with my various characters, not caring much to group with anyone unless I have to, and I haven't gotten bored playing this way.

As I said, I'm not sure how the format of this blog will go yet, but I will try to update regularly as I get bored at work sometimes and our internet proxy blocks about 80% of the internet, including pretty much every page that can bypass a proxy. So until next time, keep WoWin'.

No comments: