Monday, February 25, 2008

Out of the shadows

Yes, this post will be about my toons that specailize in somehow using darkness or something to cause you damage, but I won't ask how they do it, I just know it works.

I leveled my warlock to pretty close to 13 while finishing up Eversong Forest, and now I will be moving on to the Ghostlands. I'm not sure if I will be doing that right away or not though. I have always wanted to get a warlock to the high levels, but I just ran my mage through the same area and I don't know if I want to do it all again so soon. Not that the Ghostlands aren't fun, just that I could be doing something else. I do have a lot of fun on the lock though, and now that I have the voidwalker I can just send him at mobs and sit back and watch my DOTs do their work. With this toon I should have no problem soloing through the levels, even with elite quests and such. I'm not really sure what spec to go with right now. I know I want to go demonology once I hit 50 so I can try out the Fel Guard, but up until then I don't think that tree is all that great for leveling. I've been checking out the talents on the way up the other trees but I'm not that experienced with locks so I don't know which build would be better for leveling. I know I wouldn't mind having an instant cast Corruption spell, but I also like the bonuses from Improved Shadow Bolt, so at this point I'm kinda stuck. Any advice on this is welcome, but right now I'm leaning more towards the Affliction tree.

Well I decided to wait a bit on the lock and picked up my priest again as she's in the process of mopping up in Silithus before moving on to Outland. Did all the quests that send you into the tunnels with the bugs, did some of the Twilight Hammer quests, and a few other ones on top of that, which puts me about halfway to 62, and I haven't even stepped through the portal yet. I sorta thought once I hit 60 and the XP to level decrease no longer applied that sticking around in Azeroth wouldn't be viable, but while killing mobs doesn't give quite the same XP, it isn't that much slower because the quest XP is almost on par with Outland, not to mention the mobs are a lot weaker. I can't wait to see what she can do once I deck her out in new gear. My gear right now is ridiculously terrible, she's wearing a few pieces of level 38 gear, some from in the 40's and only a few from anywhere close to her level, so if she can tear down mobs this fast now I can only imagine what will happen when she gets those upgrades in Outland. I think tonight will be the last big push to finish up and then it's time to kill some demon orcs and other various Burning Legion bad guys.

No comments: