Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trudging through

I'm about 3 bars away from 63 with my druid now and I'm remembering why I hate grinding so much. I spent most of my time yesterday just grinding for a while because I really didn't have much time and most of the quests were going to take a while. I found a cave that had a loop in it where the mobs would all respawn as soon as I had completed the loop, pretty convenient, but still not really my idea of fun. Oh well, maybe this will save me the need to grind later on, I know I will be running into some tough quests and I don't want them to be beyond my level. I also earned a lot of money for all my work, as well as some nice greens that should sell on the AH, so I might get my epic ground mount sooner than I thought, although being 63 seems a little late still. I'm hoping my priest won't have to grind at all, and with the XP increase from 20-60 I shouldn't have to worry about any of my other toons grinding either, they should actually end up even more ahead of the curve than my priest is since she was level 50 when the patch came out.

I'm finding I like the setup of Outland a lot. The way the quests are organized really helps out in the progression of each zone. A lot of Azeroth quests tended to make you run all over the place, and unless you knew the quests ahead of time or had some sort of guide you were stuck with a lot of travelling time which really slowed down the leveling process. There were also those quests that made you travel halfway across the world, so without some planning ahead you end up wasting a lot of time travelling, but those quests tended to be lots of fun in the end so I would usually do them anyway. But Outland usually has quests all grouped together in a certain area, you go to that area, the things you have to kill also drop what you need to gather, and it's so nice to go back to town with about 5 quests to turn in then pick up a bunch more and head out to another area. I noticed this difference in the Draenei and Blood Elf starting zones as well, and I think all of my Horde characters will be going to the Ghostlands to level from 10-20, since the Barrens is just a big spread out mess and the Ghostlands has such better quest rewards. I assume they will keep this new quest progression design in the coming expansion as well, maybe even make it better, so I think I better start getting my higher level characters up to 70 before it hits so I can head out to Northrend with everyone else...after I start up my Death Knight that is.

I guess thats about it for now, I'm slowly progressing and will hopefully finish up the rest of Zangarmarsh tonight unless something else comes up, and if nothing else I will at least ding 63.

No comments: