Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Above and beyond

Remember how I said I'd be happy with getting that mage to 55 by the end of this week? Well apparently I wasn't going to be happy with that, so I got her to 55 yesterday. Not only that, but I also managed to finish the death knight starting zone with my human, then made an undead DK and went through the whole thing with him.

How did I find the time for that, you ask? Well Sunday I decided to play some soccer with some friends. Ended up spraining my ankle, or just bruising it really bad. Either way, I could barely walk yesterday, so I decided to stay home from work and let it rest. I'm currently at work in an ankle brace wearing a sandal on that foot because I can't put a shoe on yet.

So staying home from work, not able to do anything physical, what else was there to do except play WoW? I had finished up Feralas and started in on Un'Goro on Saturday, had to resort to the human DK on Sunday because of server population issues.

So yesterday I finished up Un'Goro and still had most of a level to finish off before I hit 55. I decided to go to Azshara, since there were a few quests I needed to turn in there anyway from other places.

There aren't many quests there, but the ones I did were very easy as I was a few levels above the mobs. After completing everything I could I wasn't quite there still, but I had some turn-ins at the capital cities.

This is where being a mage came in handy. I ported to each city, turned in the quests, and each had a me return to Azshara to the original quest giver. After turning in those quests I finally dinged 55 and was done. I logged out instantly and created my death knight.

Incidentally, that particular mage made quite a bit of money doing all those quests, and will be sending that to my other mage to help fund his first mount. With a pally and warlock on the way up I won't be needing money for their mounts at level 30, and hopefully they will be able to help out the warrior when he gets there.

At this point I had already completed the DK starting zone with my human, but the ending was a little disappointing for him. I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't gone through it, but let's just say the final event had already taken place and hadn't reset yet, so I really didn't get to see much.

Luckily on the undead DK I got to participate and see the story unfold. After that it all made a lot more sense as to why the death knights are siding against Arthas. The whole experience of questing in that zone was awesome, and it really gave a good look at the new mechanic that causes the world to change as you complete quests. Very well done.

I think for now I will be setting the DK aside to build up some rested XP bonus, then I will probably get him to 60 in Azeroth before I move on to Outlands. For some reason I still don't like to head through the portal at 58, even though I know now that the leveling in Outland is much faster than before.

Actually, I'm not sure who I'm going to level next. I could send my druid to Northrend, which would mean more new content for me to experience. I also have the rest of my Alliance characters sitting around level 60 and ready to quest in Outland.

I'll probably leave the Horde characters alone for a while in favor of the higher level guys, but I will be coming back to them later when I feel the urge to quest back in the old zones we all know so well.

Looks like I have a lot of choices of what to do next, and I'm thinking my decisions will be made on a whim for now, rather than planning it out like I usually do. I'll be playing characters just because I feel like it at the time now that I have my previous goals accomplished and nothing else immediate that I really want to do. I sure hope I don't neglect any of my alts too much in the process.

1 comment:

jaffse said...

Actually, I would recommend you to get to Outland as quickly as possible with your Death Knight unless you just want to level without the slightest challenge. Even at level 58, Death Knights are overgeared for the starter quests in Hellfire Peninsula.