Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More event?

Why didn't anybody tell me? I come online today to find a bunch of blogs talking about the new event of the Scourge attacking Stormwind and Orgrimmar. It looks pretty cool, but even though I played a little last night, I had no idea this was going on.

I guess it would be cool if when you start up the game it would tell you what event is currently going on. I'm not sure if I just wasn't paying attention, but I didn't see anything telling me that the capital city is under attack. Sure I was on a level 30 mage, but I'd still like to see it.

Either way, I'm trying to finish up Ashenvale on the mage, and will be completing my last Stonetalon quest, as well as another Hillsbrad quest that I've been putting off before I move on to a new area. At this point I'm thinking I'll go to Thousand Needles. I'm not a big fan of Desolace, and I want a few more levels before I got to STV so I can burn through the first quests quickly.

I had a lot of trouble with one quest in Ashenvale where you plant a banner and defend it from furbolgs until their leader comes out. Normally quests like this will send a few waves at you, then the leader shows up. Apparently this one is on a timer, and you just have to defend the thing for a certain amount of time.

This is not easy on a mage. Two mobs is hard enough, but when you kill one and another appears it gets frustrating, especially since after the second mob you kill you are usually low on mana. At the best I managed to kill about 8 of them, which required me to blow all my cooldowns and use a healing potion before I died, and the boss still hadn't appeared yet. I gave up and did some other stuff at that point.

I guess I should have checked earlier, because I was reading online about this quest, and it looks like there is an easy way to do it by jumping on a barrel with the enemies aggroed and you will evade bug on them. Then you just wait for the boss, jump down, kill him, and loot the item you need.

This info would have been great to know before I had died 3 times with the closest graveyard not really being that close. That's just one thing you miss out on when you use QuestHelper, it doesn't tell you how to do the quests, just where to go, although you usually don't need evade bugs to get stuff done for a quest that's four levels below you.

If I get some game time tonight I will be checking out the event, probably on both factions, just to see them. I didn't do much with the zombie event. I only got infected once, and the guards killed me before I got a chance to do anything with it. This seems like one of those events you need to see though, as it won't happen again once it's over. I'll have to keep my distance though, because I'm sure any of those mobs would one-shot me.

1 comment:

Ben O. said...

A trick to the King of the Foulwealds or whatever that furbolg quest is called: group. It's not really soloable, especially not for a clothy.

Find a warrior, paladin, druid, or shaman to tank for you while you light up the baddies, and the King goes down pretty easily.