Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Am I crazy?

Didn't get to play last night, although from what I hear it only caused me to miss out on the servers being down. The expansion comes out tomorrow (or tonight at midnight for those picking it up then) and I just hope they have everything squared away by then so they can avoid the massive QQing that would ensue.

I won't be getting the game at midnight. I didn't even pre-order it. Am I crazy?

I don't think so. I remember when TBC was released and I didn't pre-order that either. I went to Best Buy on release day, totally expecting that they might be sold out and that I would be sent home disappointed.

Well they had it. They had lots of copies. It didn't even look like they had been picked through yet. The shelf was almost fully stocked.

So I'm not too worried about whether or not I'll get my copy. There are so many places I can go to get it, and with the fanatics going to the Gamestop midnight releases, I'm pretty sure the places that chose not to do a midnight release will have plenty. And I only need one.

Actually, I won't be picking it up on release day either...WHAT?!?! How can I be so into WoW that I blog about it and not pick up the expansion ASAP, you may ask?

Yeah, I actually have no time after work to stop off to buy it because I will be going directly to a hockey game, do not pass game store, do not collect WotLK.

One good thing about having to wait a bit is that I don't have to deal with the initial rush of players. I predict that within the first week most of that burst will be done with the first zones of Northrend and moved on, leaving those areas lag free.

Even so, I won't be starting in on Northrend for a while as the new Death Knight is first order of business. When I finally do decide to level my druid past 70 he won't be going directly to Northrend either. There's a whole zone in Outland that he hasn't seen yet, and he should make it to level 71, maybe even 72, by the time he's finished there are ready to move on.

Actually, I expect the new Death Knight rush will have died down by then too and moved on to Outland, or gotten dropped after completing the starting area for those that are only doing it for the story. I was one of the people that made a new Draenei shaman at the release of TBC, and while the zone was a mess with so many players doing those first quests, it wasn't too much of a hassle to get them done.

With respawn rates being directly related to number of players in the area, the mobs just keep coming and you don't really run out like you would pre-TBC. I'm not sure how many mob killing quests are part of the DK starting area, but if it's anything like the rest of the game there will be quite a few.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out, but for now I just have to focus on finding time to play, then I can worry about what's happening in the game and what the next step will be. Everyone else have fun with the expansion when you get it, and I will count on all you other bloggers to post some good stuff about it to hold me over until I get to play.

1 comment:

hou said...

I predict that within the first week most of that burst will be done with the first zones of Northrend and moved on.

xiaomi mi5
cheap Meizu Metal
meizu m2