Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Make the switch

I guess there will be a lot more switching between characters than I thought there would be. I'm just blowing through my rested XP bonuses left and right. Last night I finished off the warlock in short order, turned in the quests she had completed, and logged off.

I was all set to log in to my paladin and start some righteous smiting, but I realized that she's in the Ghostlands too, following my warlock. Of course this isn't a bad thing, as I enjoy this zone much more than the other level 10-20 zones for the Horde, but I would pretty much be doing the exact same quests again, right after I just did them on my warlock.

Because of this, I decided it was time to give my warrior a shot and see what he can do. This warrior will be making his way through the Barrens, kickin' it old school like the original lowbie Horde. I decided this because while the Ghostlands is fun, I need to switch it up, and also because I hate Silverpine.

With very little time to actually accomplish anything, I managed to make the run to the Crossroads and turn in a few quests there, which coincidentally got me to level 12, which is perfect for starting the Barrens quests.

I think it will be fun to not have to worry about mana conservation for a little while, just focusing on bashing mobs with a huge mallet (and other weapons as I find them). After leveling all these ranged attack characters (hunter, mage, warlock) it will be nice to get back in there and take it to their faces.

I think it would be nice if I could get all my Hordies up to level 20 by the time WotLK comes out, but I'm not too optimisic about that. I think I can at least get my warlock there though. Then it's time to start up a death knight and see what they're all about.

No comments: