Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Definitely faster

I might have to rethink some things about leveling in Outland. The first time through on my druid I thought I was falling behind a little when I got to Zangarmarsh and was only level 61. I ended up grinding out a level there, then questing the rest of they way through.

By the time I hit 70 I was only halfway through Shadowmoon Valley and that's when I parked him until now.

I'm having an entirely different experience on my priest. I was level 63 by the time I started Zangarmarsh. Not only that, but leveling is also much faster. Right now I am level 67, but I'm still not done with Terokkar Forest yet. It's looking like I'll probably hit 70 before I even finish Nagrand.

I hate to skip zones, but seeing as I've never even been to Netherstorm before I might have to make my way over there to finish up her trek to 70, which means I'd probably have to leave out Nagrand and Blade's Edge.

The reason she was so far ahead of the curve in the first place was because I stuck around in Azeroth until level 61. At the time I didn't know they would be making the leveling faster in Outland, and I also was under the impression that I should enter a zone at a higher level to make it easier.

Turns out that with the changes the made I'm just going way to fast through the zones. Sure it's nice to level fast, and I've done it before so it's not like I'm missing anything I haven't seen before, but it just feels like I'm skipping around and not leveling as intended.

I had mentioned before that I would be leveling my death knight to 60 before moving him on to Outland, but I'm rethinking that idea now. With his blue gear he's already pretty much set up to be ready for Outland, and it was obviously intended that after the starter zone they would be able to head there next.

The death knight will probably sit there for a while more though while I level my hunter and see if starting in Outland at 60 puts me ahead of the curve. If so I am definitely skipping the rest of Azeroth on my DK and going straight to Outland.

With 4 more Hordies coming up I think I'll have more than enough time to get my fill of Azeroth, and if not I can always go back and do some of the many achievements there.

Do I think this new faster leveling is necessarily better? Maybe not. It's definitely more convenient, but at the expense of skipping over lots of content I don't think I could say it's actually better.

No comments: