Monday, November 10, 2008

Seems backwards

I finally got a chance to play my warrior this weekend, and in almost no time I had gained two levels and run him out of rested XP bonus. Now I'm not sure if it's my lack of skill or just how the class works, but I tended to die a lot more than I do with most characters.

Alright, I only died twice, and both had to do with ambushes from mobs that just happened to respawn as I was fighting, but the warrior class has very few ways of getting out of sticky situations. Actually, the fact that I chose a Tauren saved me more than any of my other skills. That Warstomp ability is very convenient.

I guess with their high armor compared to everyone else they probably shouldn't need to run away so often, and I got stuck in a lot of sticky situations that I ended up surviving. Maybe I just need to get better.

I just found it a little backwards that I would die more playing on the class with the most damage mitigation. I did get some new skills to use as I leveled though, and I think those will help me out a lot in my survivability.

Other than that I had a lot of fun. Running up to enemies and bashing them over the head is a great change of pace from my mage and warlock leveling where I end up just casting the same spell over and over while keeping the mob at a distance.

Until the expansion hits on Thursday I will once again switch over to my mage and get him as far as I can (assuming I get to play this week). Sad thing is I'm going to a hockey game on Thursday, so I probably won't even get to play.

Oh well, hockey is ridiculously fun to watch, and the death knight starting area will probably be the worst on release day anyway. I can't wait to finally get to see it!

No comments: