Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The trek continues

Do I ever expect to get every class up to the level cap? No way. I would say my only aspiration is to get one character to the level cap before another expansion comes out and raises it on us again.

Right now I have my druid sitting at level 70, but for some reason I'm not particularly excited about taking him to Northrend. I'm not even really sure what my hesitation is. Everyone says it's awesome, and I know it will be, but I'm just not a big fan of dealing with crowds of players all doing the same quests.

I'd rather wait a bit, work on other characters in the empty Outlands (well not too empty with all the new death knights), and take advantage of the faster leveling from 60-70, then maybe I'll check out Northrend once most players have moved on to the higher level zones.

Not only do I like to solo, but I like to with no distractions. I get more XP per kill if I work alone, and unless it's a group quest I usually have no trouble getting it done.

I also hate when people send me group invites from out of nowhere. Sometimes I'll get an invite, take a look around, and see nobody. Why would you invite me to your group without asking me when you're not even close to me? Just because we're the same level or in the same zone doesn't mean we're doing the same thing. At least ask first, tell me what you're doing, and if it will benefit me as well I might join you.

I also hate the douchbags that like to hang around quest mobs and kill them so nobody else can, or otherwise impede a quest. It's annoying enough having to compete with others for the quests, but when you take the time after you've done the quest to keep others from doing it, that's just not cool.

I think the next order of business for me is to put in some time on my priest. I haven't gotten to play her for a long time and I think she's ready to get back out there and melt some faces.

No comments: