Monday, November 3, 2008

Warlocks are awesome

I did manage to get some stuff done this weekend, and I just have to say that I love playing my warlock.

She went up two levels this weekend, putting her at level 17, and she's still got plenty of quests left in the Ghostlands before she gets to move on out of the starting lowbie zones.

I think she's even on par with the hunter for being the easiest class to level so far. I'm having no problem getting through these quests, and even when I run into trouble I manage to get out of it without much damage.

The only problem I'm having is these soulstones I have to carry around with me. With my lack of bag space I run out of room very quickly, and it's starting to become a nuisance. I just need some bigger bags at this point and the problem should go away.

I did try to level a human warlock a while ago, but for some reason it didn't really get anywhere. I think the biggest problem was that I was getting burnt out on all the low level Alliance quests and needed something different. Going through Westfall starts to get old after the first few times.

I think another reason I wasn't into it before was how the talent trees were set up. I didn't really want to spec affliction, but I really wanted that instant cast Corruption spell. Now that I don't need those 5 point to get it I find it much easier to just got the Destruction route and not worry about that stupid cast time which should have always been instant.

I also went herbalism/alchemy on this warlock, and that gives her a free HoT, which is very nice for a warlock. I can Lifetap to refill my mana, then cast Lifeblood and get all that health back. It's very convenient.

I just can't wait to spec demonology at 50 and get my Felguard, or summon an infernal, or turn into a demon (although I hear it's not all that great).

It's going to get interesting if I manage to get her up into some higher levels.

No comments: