Monday, October 13, 2008

Almost there...

New patch comes out tomorrow, and everyone seems to be buzzing about it. I've pretty much been talking about my plans for it over the past couple weeks, so I'm sure you're all tired of hearing me talk about it.

Well you're in luck. I won't be talking about that today. Instead I want to give my thoughts on some Blizzcon stuff, like D3 and SC2. Plus I got a lot done in WoW this weekend, so I think that deserves some discussion too.

First, Diablo 3 introduced a new class, the Wizard. This is not to be confused with the Sorceress from D2. Apparently this is more of an upstart magic user, who has gained power quickly and is very arrogant about it, abusing her powers with no regard to what others think about it.

Anyway, the Wizards looks pretty cool, the spell effects are awesome, and I'm so glad they stuck with the same Diablo mechanics of blasting through hordes of mobs rather than the MMO version of going one on one. I'm even more excited about this game now, but I assume we still have a while to wait.

Starcraft 2 had some big news about their development. It looks like they will be splitting the game up into three separate releases, one for each race, which will have a huge campaign (about 30 missions) for the corresponding race. It looks like in order to do this the releases could be as much as a year apart.

I guess they decided creating an epic storyline was more important than getting the game out quickly. The only question is how multiplayer will work. Usually the campaigns are sort of like training on each of the races, but when only one race has a campaign, will we still be able to use the others on Battle.net?

I'm thinking yes, because it would be a huge deal if you could only play one race until the next release. Many people will buy the game solely for the multiplayer aspect, and I'm sure Blizzard knows this already. I'm looking forward to how this will all come together.

Lastly, I made some real progress this weekend on my shaman. She made it to level 57, and after getting a few bars into it she was out of rested XP bonus. Well, I decided it was time to give her a break while she builds it back up again, so I traded all my cloth to my priest and made the final push to break 300 tailoring.

In the end I had to buy a few things at the AH that I would rather have gathered on my own, but I did manage to make it to 300, and then came time to make bolts of netherweave, and lots of them. By the time I was done I was at 323, and that was with some really bad luck at the end. I mean I know once it turns green you don't gain levels often, but I seriously made the last 15 bolts without going up a level. It was ridiculous.

It was at that point I realized I could make Netherweave Bags, and the recipe was still yellow so I would gain a few levels on them. Not only that, but my alts were still stuck with mostly runecloth bags and could use the upgrade. I ended up making 13 in all to go around to everybody that needed one, then I mailed them off. Now they're all outfitted with 16-slotters.

Having done all I wanted to do at the moment on my Alliance characters, I switched on over to Horde, specifically my mage. He's been sitting over in Ashenvale for a long time, and needed some change of scenery. Unfortunately he didn't get any as I had a lot of quests to get done there, but I managed to get almost all of them done and get him up to level 28.

I ended up saving a few of the higher level quests for later and moved on to Stonetalon, but in getting through Ashenvale I had managed to burn up his rested XP bonus as well, so I had to log him out. It was time to do some other stuff by then anyway, so it was a good stopping point.

I think I'll be spending some time on my warlock next time I play while I wait for my shammy to get her rested bonus filled back up, then I will be pushing her to 60.

Oh yeah, and after tomorrow I will have to respec everyone and get a new pet for my hunter. It's going to get interesting.

No comments: