Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It gets better

You know, when I first started this blog I was very skeptical about how it would turn out. I basically figured that writing about WoW would cause me to burn out a lot faster than if I just played the game. I thought that if I had to think about the game any more than while just playing it I would get tired of it real fast.

Well, just the opposite has happened it seems. I think I'm actually more into the game now than I was before. Not that I really play more than I did, I just enjoy it more.

There is so much left for me to do in the game. At this point I have leveled 4 characters to level 60 or above, and one more will be to that point before the next expansion. That's quite a bit for someone who averages less than 10 hours a week on the game.

But I have four more characters to get leveled up, not to mention the level cap is going to be even further away.

The best part is that each character poses a different challenge. Sure you get into autopilot mode on those item collection or mob killing quests, but there are a lot of quests out there that require some thought.

Soloing an elite mob with a druid is much different than with with a priest. Crowd control is different. Druids and rogues can stealth through a lot of stuff while everyone else has to fight their way in. Many characters can't take much of a beating and have to keep mobs at a distance, while plate wearers can just charge in and take the hits.

I had a buddy to talk about WoW with at one time, but he quit the game a while ago, and between then and starting this blog I felt myself burning out. I think getting these thoughts out there, and knowing that at least a few people read them, are what has kept me from burnout.

It's not that I need approval or something like that, I just get to the point where I have these thoughts floating around in my head and need to get them out there.

By the way, the shaman is level 59 now and halfway to 60. Won't be long now. And I should have just enough rested XP to make it before I run out. I'm hoping to push through in my next session.

1 comment:

Gamer Hudson said...

Best thing about locks is pulling multiple mobs at once, dotting them all then just working your way around till they flop over dead

Easy mode for sure