Friday, October 17, 2008

Clarified

In my post about getting my new core hound I think I mentioned the trouble I had finding a boat to Darkshore (actually looking back it doesn't look like I mentioned it at all, but I was thinking about it while writing that post).

Of course, this is because I was under the impression that the boat that took you there still left from Menethil. Apparently they changed it to leave from Stormwind Harbor now. Not a bad change, but a little announcement would have been nice.

And why is there still no boat going to Steamwheedle Port? It seems pretty obvious, and would be very convenient for lots of people. I think the only problem is they have three neutral ports, and ships only go between two. We'd need a second ship to leave from Booty Bay, and that would require another docking point, which there isn't one. I'm sure they could find a way to put one in if they really tried though.

On that note, I think a neutral zeppelin from Everlook to Gadgetzan would be a great idea. I mean, there's a boat between the two neutral port towns, why not some mode of transportation between the other two that are land locked. Using flight points to get across the continents is brutal.

I didn't have much time to play yesterday, so I decided it was a good time to send my shaman in for some training. I got my Water Shield and ranked up my Flametongue Weapon so my off-hand will be up to par. I still haven't gotten to test it out yet, but I'm excited to see what she can do with all her new talents.

I also took this opportunity to travel to various places and turn in random quests that have been sitting in my quest log. I thought they were just going to give a little XP as the previous quests in the chains had given me a good amount already. I was pleasantly surprised when I got twice what I was expecting. I think the shammy is in a good position to hit 60 by just doing Plaguelands quests from now on.

I'm also contemplating what to do about hunter pets. Right now I have my cat still, and while she probably won't be used anymore, I still want to hang on to her. I have my core hound, which will probably become my main, and I have a turtle that I tamed a while ago. That makes a couple ferocity pets and a tenacity pet.

I'm thinking I might need different pets for different situations. The core hound will be for normal questing, but what about going up against an elite? Sure he'll do more damage, but will he be able to outlast?

I will be trying out some different things, but I'm thinking the turtle might come into play in some of the tough one-on-one situations. These guys are built for damage mitigation, and I don't mind a fight taking a little longer if I win.

As for multiple mob tanking, I don't think I'll run into it much unless I decide to go back to some low level instances for achievements. In which case I'll just tame a gorilla and take him in.

I'm not sure about cunning pets yet. It seems like they are more built for PvP, and I don't do much of that. Maybe if I get to that point I'll try one, but for now the other two types seem to fit my playstyle a lot better.

Now it's time for the weekend. We'll see if I can make some more progress.

No comments: