Thursday, October 9, 2008

EPL slaughter

After turning in some leftover quests in WPL and killing some diseased animals I checked my quest log to see what I had left to do. Well, everything left was listed as a level 57 or higher quest, so I decided it was time to head over to EPL and get down to business.

I remembered this ethereal guy to the north of the bridge connected the two zones together, right outside the cave. He has a few quests, and since I need all the XP I can get, I headed up there. His name is Tirion Fordring, and he's basically the plaguelands version of Nesingwary.

I didn't pay too much attention to his story, but he basically wanted me to kill lots and lots of plaguehounds and bats. He also needs worm meat from those giant grub things. I don't ask questions, as long as I get some good XP out of it.

I managed to kill all the bats, and most of the plaguehounds I needed before it was time to log off. I basically left a path of death and destruction in my wake, but it's OK because they were just demon dogs and giant bats.

Those worms don't drop meat much, I'm thinking I'll have to take on some of the higher level ones as I seem to remember them dropping the stuff more often. I have to kill higher level plaguehounds anyway, and they should be close to each other.

Not very eventful, but with all the mobs I killed I did get a good amount of XP, plus I will get even more when I turn the quests in. Next time I will try to finish it up, then make my way to the Light's Hope Chapel to build up some rested bonus.

I'm getting pretty close to being out of the blue, and I don't want to level at the normal XP rate. I think if that happens I will switch over to a Hordie for a while to build it back up. I should still have plenty of time to hit 60 before the expansion. I don't see it taking more than a couple weeks, and I still have over a month left.

I also have some work to do getting my professions of to speed. I have some cloth to give my priest, and I think it will be enough to put her over the 300 mark. She has so much netherweave it's ridiculous, and when she can finally use it she will blow through the levels.

My druid is a little behind on leatherworking too, but I have been collecting leather with my hunter, and he should be good to go pretty soon.

I'm a little worried about my shaman's mining skill though. She still hasn't even hit the 225 mark so I'm stuck going for mithril until I get there. It's frustrating that you used to be able to go up a level every time you successfully mined a node, and now it's only once per node. It's becoming very difficult to get myself up to the level I should at be to enter Outland and begin mining right away.

Looks like I still have quite a bit of work to do, even after I get my characters to the level I want.

No comments: