Monday, October 27, 2008

Collecting heads

I managed to hop on my mage for a while this weekend, and he's almost level 30 now, but probably won't have enough money for his mount yet. I was never very good at making money in this game, mainly because I don't go to the AH very often.

Most items I pick up get vendored if I can't use them, unless it's a blue or better. What I might need to do is get an AH addon that will tell me what kind of prices certain items can get. I occasionally sell cloth, but I usually need it to level tailoring or first aid.

It also comes down to time restraints. I'd rather just vendor stuff when my bag fills up rather than take the time to go to the AH, and since my bags at this level aren't very big I tend to run out of room very quickly so I really can't just hold onto something until the next time I end up in a major city.

But enough talk about money troubles.

I finished up Stonetalon pretty quickly and decided to go to Hillsbrad next to get some of the easier stuff done there. I went to the farms and killed lots of peasants, plus the various other NPCs they wanted me to kill. Not only that, but I was supposed to collect their heads as proof. I would expect nothing less from the Horde.

All that got me pretty close to level 30, then I was on my way to the southeast when I realized it was late, so I logged. Next time I will attempt to finish off a couple more quests, then head back to Ashenvale and see about getting some lingering quests out of the way there.

I just love being able to teleport myself to any major city. It's so convenient. I don't have to worry about where my hearthstone is anymore. I left it in Ashenvale and just ported from Stonetalon to Undercity, then flew to Hillsbrad. No long flight to Orgrimmar followed by a zeppelin trip across the sea. Now I'm gonna miss being able to do that on my other characters.

I did manage to get turned into a zombie as well when I visited Thunderbluff, but I was quickly killed by the guards. That's about the only experience I've had so far with this pre-expansion event.

More Horde news to come as my Alliance characters are all parked until the expansion hits.

No comments: