Friday, October 3, 2008

Announcements

First, all our honor points are not getting taken away with the release of the expansion. This does pretty much nothing for me since I don't have time for that stuff, but it's a relief for most of you out there who have been saving up. Hopefully not too many of you freaked out at the announcement that they would be taken away and used them all on stuff you didn't need.

Also, with Arena season 4 ending on Oct. 14th, it looks like that will be patch day as well. If you didn't read the 50 other times I said it, I'm excited for this patch. It will be almost as good as having a beta key...well not really, but at least I can finally play around with some of the new stuff.

Actually I think I figured out why I don't have a beta key, and why I will probably never get one. I don't play enough.

While Blizzard makes beta keys seem random, I'm sure it has something to do with how often the player actually plays the game. Why would you give a beta key to someone who rarely plays? They wouldn't provide much feedback, and that really doesn't help them get out all the bugs, it just clogs up the test servers with more players that aren't even there to help them out.

So for now I'll just have to be happy leveling my shaman. She's hanging out in the Burning Steppes right now, where I will hopefully get her to 56 before sending her up to WPL, then EPL to beat up on some undead.

Progress is slower for her than for my hunter, probably because I tend to use a lot of mana healing myself after fights, and eventually run out, and since I always forget to buy water I end up having to just sit there letting it regen. I can't just go from mob to mob all in a row without needing a little downtime every so often, I just need to make sure I have plenty of water with me to reduce that.

If an enhancement shammy is this mana intensive, I don't even want to know how an elemental shammy does it. I guess in that case you wouldn't be going for melee gear though, so you would end up with a bigger mana pool to get you through it.

Still, I rarely use anything other than shocks in fights, and only when the reduced cost buff procs. All my mana use comes from healing, so maybe I just have to suck it up and buy some water, because that mana spring totem doesn't regen that fast in comparison.

I sure don't do a very good job of sticking with the same topic for a hole post.

No comments: