Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dead broke

Hit level 30 on my mage last night, got the achievement, yay. I think it's silly to make leveling an achievement. It was basically an achievement before, and adding it to the list isn't going to motivate people any more than it was before. Just seems unnecessary, but I'll take the free achievement.

This also means I can get my mount. Well, I could get my mount if I had enough money. Yes, I know they reduced the cost of the training, but training skills every two levels really takes its toll on your gold supply.

I had about 4g when I hit 30, not nearly enough for the 45g I need to train the riding skill and buy a mount. I figured I'd go to the mage trainer and learn some new spells since I wouldn't be getting my mount anytime soon anyway.

Well, I ended up only getting half the spells I could before I ran out of money. It's very discouraging, and I know it really doesn't help that the mage is a tailor/enchanter. That's right, no gathering professions, and since most cloth armor I make gets disenchanted, I don't really make any money from either professions.

Once I level enchanting enough I should be able to sell off excess enchanting materials that I no longer need to level up my skill. I'm not to that point yet, but I'll probably be leveling inscription/herbalism with one of my other Horde characters so they can send scrolls and I can give all my characters enchants, and then sell the rest, all while leveling up the skill. Will people even buy lower level enchants anymore?

The mage pretty much caught up with his rested XP bonus, so it looks like the warlock will be up again, then I might switch over to the pally.

It looks like the warrior switched places with the pally on who gets leveled last. I don't really know why. It's not that I don't want to go rampaging around the Barrens with my big Tauren warrior. I guess I just find the pally more interesting at the moment, but that doesn't mean I won't change my mind if I decide I was wrong.

No comments: