Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's new to me

As I get close to finishing up the plaguelands, I'm noticing some quests that I never bothered with, or had never seen. There are also some quests I remember doing that I can't seem to find.

First there are a couple quests that send you into Hearthglen, the Scarlet Crusade keep in northern WPL. Those guys used to be elites, and on past characters I skipped those quests in favor of stuff I could solo. Now I find there are some follow ups that I never saw before, and it's sort of interesting to continue on the storylines.

I also remember doing some sort of quests in EPL that had something to do with the two Scourge areas (the one north of Light's Hope Chapel and the one just north of the Crown Guard Tower). I don't really remember what the quest involved doing, just that I went to those places at some point.

I did get one to collect skulls from those guys, and used a crystal on them to see if they were the kind I needed. This is a quest I don't remember doing, but it might be the aforementioned quest and maybe it was changed slightly. I don't know.

I noticed this as my hunter made her way through Silithus. All those quests that sent you into the bug holes were pretty much off limits to me. Whenever I saw a quest that involved elites I abandoned it. Now with the faster leveling and subsequent nerf to those elite quests all that stuff is available to me and I get to see what I was missing out on before.

I finally go Questhelper to work too. It hadn't worked since the patch, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. There was no error listed, it just said it was refusing to run so it wouldn't corrupt my data files. Finally I checked yesterday and they had posted a new fix for that situation.

Apparently computers running Vista decided to move the WoW addon folder to a different directory. It was strange, because all the addons show up in both directories, even if I update only the one in the new directory. I guess this is for computers with multiple users as it means you don't have to update the addons for each user.

Luckily in the time I didn't have Questhelper I was doing quests I had done before, and pretty much already knew what to do. Strange how you become so dependent on this stuff, even though you were doing just fine before.

I remember contemplating whether to get this addon because it didn't seem necessary, I could find stuff. Now I need to have it. Having to minimize WoW every time you get stuck to check out the info on quests seems primitive when you've used Questhelper.

Right now I can't think of any other addons I need besides what I already have, but I'm sure it will come up at some point, and then I will become dependent on yet another addon that right now I am able to function just fine without.

Is that considered an addiction or just rational thinking that we should use tools that make things easier on ourselves. I'm going with the latter to make myself feel OK about it.

1 comment:

hou said...

I did get one to collect skulls from those guys, and used a crystal on them to see if they were the kind I needed.

xiaomi mi5
cheap Meizu Metal
meizu m2