Friday, October 24, 2008

Dings all around

Shammy hit 60 last night, making her my fifth to get over that hump, and it finishes off my Alliance characters for now. I'll be waiting to send my new 60's to Outland until after the expansion and the new faster leveling is put in place.

Now it's time to go over to the Horde side of things and get some work done over there. These guys are all at a fairly low level, the highest being level 28 and the rest in their teens. That being the case, it's hard to keep their rested XP bonuses up all the time. They gain levels so fast that the lower level ones can run out within a couple hours.

I'm actually excited to see what my paladin can do. Ever since the patch came out all the paladins have been gushing about how much damage the retribution tree does, and all the other classes have been complaining about how fast ret pallies kill them. I was planning on leveling my pally last, but that might change now.

Of course my priorities all change as soon as the expansion hits and I roll a Death Knight, but I'm thinking that once I get out of the starting area I'll probably want to park him and build up some rested bonus before continuing on to Outland.

It feels sort of like cheating because my DK will be Horde, but I won't have actually leveled a Horde character to level 55 yet. That means right off the bat it will be my highest level character on the Horde side.

Sure it's not like I haven't leveled a character that high before, but those were all Alliance. Now I'll have to learn where everything is all over again, because I know there will be some differences between the two that I didn't even expect.

Things are going to get even more interesting in a few weeks.

No comments: